Themed Mixtape Game

no we don't you fucking dweeb (south of heaven and to a lesser extent seasons are both solid)

edit: damnit, my halfway finished ratings post vanished on me...

i'll try getting this done this weekend

Reactions: CiG and The Butt
Slayer - Payback - 6.5/10
Yeah lyrics are cheesy, but same goes for a few of these other tracks. And generic thrash riffs dont warrant that low of a rating for me.

Razor - Shotgun Justice - 10/10
The clear cut winner here? I think so

Guided Cradle - Revenge of the Orcs - 8/10
pretty solid crust/thrash. That last minute is so good

Kronos - Monumental Carnage - 8/10
that was pretty cool, might need to look into these guy more

Morlok VonGrimorog - Melekron - 7.5/10
thought i was gonna have to end up knocking off some points because of the length, nah lol

Rosenfield- Revenger - 9/10
my face was melted. i approve

Rigor Mortis - Shroud of Gloom - 9.5/10
This whole album slays. Scaccia was a fuckin' riff god

Paradox - Crusaders of Revenge - 9/10
great fuckin' pick :kickass:

Glacier - Vendetta - 8/10
This was cool.

Zemial - For a Fallen One - 8/10
another band i'm not familiar with. Pretty solid Bathory worship

Grand Magus - Silver Into Steel - 7.5/10
Need to listen to this album more and Monument less.

Virgin Steele - Wings of Vengeance - 2/10
Wow, what a way to throw off an otherwise KILLER list. What the fuck is wrong with this guys voice? That aside, this is elementary as fuck and about as tame and pedestrian as this list is going to get ... i hope.

Cemetary - Scars - 8.5/10
i love Sweden

The Shadow Order - Strife for Revenge - 7.5/10
I like it

Aeternus - Sworn Revenge - 7/10
had its moments, dragged on at times. Pretty cool overall though

Diamond Head - Am I Evil? - 10/10
Everyone here should worship this song. Proto-thrash at its finest. As far as i'm concerned, no other band was here yet in '80.

Black Death - Retribution - 8/10
I've been telling myself to get their album for a while now, definitely need to get on it. Cant find anything here to complain about, all around solid heavy fuckin' metal.

Had a lot of fun going through this one :kickass:
anigif_original-grid-image-19530-1431708332-18.gif

Last edited:
Slayer - Payback
imagine sincerely thinking that people don't like 'payback' by slayer solely because of a desire to be trendy. alternatively, imagine being stoned up to your eyeballs. 3/10

Razor - Shotgun Justice
still haven't heard this album. i'll get on it before the '90 thread. 8/10

Guided Cradle - Revenge of the Orcs
randomly drops a metallica tribute around 3 minutes in for no reason and then becomes a better song for the remainder. the last minute or so is pretty darn good tbh. 6.5/10

Kronos - Monumental Carnage
solid until it starts with the flashy solo and stuttery chugging, although i'd rather listen to krisiun or something even before that. shouldn't really review a song containing the line 'axes are stronger than words' i guess. 6/10

Morlok VonGrimorog - Melekron
whoever picked this was taking revenge on the entire forum, and you can't get more thematic than that. i was gonna ironically rate this a 10 but the way things are going it might actually win, so... no. 5/10

Rosenfeld - Revenger
hard to get immersed in production this thin, and the chorus kinda sucks IMO, but everything else is very nice. 6.5/10

Rigor Mortis - Shroud of Gloom
the way it unexpectedly descends toward the end of the chorus and then segues back into the whirlwind riff is so perfect. 9/10

Paradox - Crusaders Revenge
more bands should do tense fade out endings, never fails to work for me. 7.5/10

Glacier - Vendetta
i recall the EP not living up to its hallowed rep in collector circles, but this song is pretty mighty so i may have to revisit. 8.5/10

Zemial - For a Fallen One
actually not one of my favourite zemial tunes, but it's solid bathory worship fo sho 7/10

Grand Magus - Silver into Steel
a little generic but effective enough. 7/10

Virgin Steele - Wings of Vengeance
some quality cheese right here, and actually one of the better VS songs i've heard. also further proof they're more of an out-crowd sounding band. 7/10

Camatery - Scers
8/10

The Shadow Order - Strife For Revenge
strife for revenge against omni.
10/10

Aeternus - Sworn Revenge
would be a 10 if it kept up the understated melodies and tense brooding quality of the first 90 seconds or so without the subsequent deviations, but still pretty amazing. 9/10

Diamond Head - Am I Evil?

contrary to d&b i'd say they were better than virtually all their early NWOBHM contemporaries at their best ('lightning to the nations' is one of the greatest songs of the '80s IMO), they just had a consistency problem is all. this one's pretty damn huge as well, especially for its time. 9/10

Black Death - Retribution
playlist really caught fire toward the end. 10/10

Slayer - Payback
So badass. I especially like the parts where he swears.
2/10

Razor - Shotgun Justice

Not really my thing.
3/10

Guided Cradle - Revenge of the Orcs

Savage. I love it.
8/10

Kronos - Monumental Carnage

Monumental riffage.
9/10

This album is called "Flippity Fuckity Doo"? The fuck is this shit? And it's fucking 16 minutes long? I'm not finishing this nonsense, I have another billion songs to get through.
0/10

Rosenfeld - Revenger

I like weird production as much as the next guy but this is uncomfortably trebly. Not a bad song though.
5/10

Rigor Mortis - Shroud of Gloom

Solid.
5/10

Paradox - Crusaders Revenge

Good stuff. I like some power in my thrash.
6/10

Glacier - Vendetta

Amazing.
9/10

Zemial - For a Fallen One

A little samey and not as great as the Zemial song we had in a previous mixtape game, but still pretty good.
6/10

Grand Magus - Silver into Steel

Pretty hum-drum stuff, and barely thematic.
3/10

Virgin Steele - Wings of Vengeance

Crams a whole lot of epic into five minutes. Obviously in-crowd since I love it.
9/10

Cemetary - Scars

What an amazing, sepulchral sound.
9/10

The Shadow Order - Strife for Revenge

Not a fan of the vocals, but these guitar melodies are so gorgeously strange.
9/10

Aeternus - Sworn Revenge

Liking this more than anything on the sophomore.
9/10

Diamond Head - Am I Evil?

I've actually never heard this before because every time I've tried to listen to Lightning to the Nations I got bored sometime during the 20-minute epic "Sucking My Love" and quit. This is fantastic.
9/10

Black Death - Retribution

I haven't heard these guys before, but I'm glad they live up to the glorious album cover (the real one not the mspaint abomination in this video)
9/10

So badass. I especially like the parts where he swears.

NEWSLAYER2.jpg

This album is called "Flippity Fuckity Doo"? The fuck is this shit? And it's fucking 16 minutes long? I'm not finishing this nonsense, I have another billion songs to get through.
0/10

Huh. I figured the self-described resident weird metal guy would have liked this more than a zero.