Themed Mixtape Game

Honestly anyone rating the Darkthrone or the Sort Vokter song below 5 needs to give their heads many, many shakes. Until either a revelation, or (further) brain damage.

A raw sounding black metal song causing controversy in 2016.

A mediocre sounding black metal song causing strong defensiveness in 2016.

Fwiw, I don't think it's the best track on the album and I don't think that it does the album any good to present the tracks out of context of the entire thing like this. Similar to the outro in the first round tbh. Also, I didn't submit it (it's obvious who did, anyway).

Reactions: CiG
I'm pretty convinced people only say they like Darkthrone as some kind of inside joke I'm not in on. Watching Until The Light Takes Us 500 times in a row would still not be enough blatant propaganda to influence my opinion. And that Sort Vokter track literally sounds like club music with its awful repetition.

I'm not sure what you dislike so much about them. The first five Darkthrone albums get regular plays from me and I also like some of their newer stuff from time to time. There aren't that many metal bands that have 5+ worthy albums but Darkthrome certainly do, which immediately sets them apart. What have you actually heard from them? A lot of their albums are quite different from each other.

Reactions: The Butt
Transylvania Hunger and Blaze in the Northern Sky. If I'm not digging a band after listening to two well known albums, chances are, they aren't for me. Can't expect people to listen to an entire discography just because everyone else likes some albums out of it and they might too.

Also it was a joke bruh. I saw that movie purely as Darkthrone masturbation.

Well no you can't expect that, but modern Darkthrone has little, if anything in common with those 2 albums. I'll post 2 songs to see what you think.

This is the edited version of this song, because the album version is like 12 minutes long. Starts at 30 seconds.

Well you (or maybe the person that submitted it) got the name of the Darkthrone song wrong. It's "Where Cold Winds Blow" not "Where the Winds Blow".

Are you going to calculate the averages now or are we waiting for more ratings?

I'm ready for a new theme.

Well it's a lot better than the 'raw' 'true' shit, very Motorhead. I just can't get into terribly produced minimalist cymbal croaking. I'm "one of those".

This is fucking Transilvanian Hunger, not Transylvanian. Hate it when you people misspell it.

Lol. You're an alright person but this post somewhat epitomizes why I don't like that music and what kind of people do.
meme-600x450.jpg

may as well finish this one, nobody's submitted ratings in a while. unless there's someone we're specifically waiting for. wasn't yoda supposed to be doing his yesterday? alas his alcoholic brain had other ideas