Themed Mixtape Game

I hope that the person who picked Scald agrees with all of the posts from the other thread about how "Love" would be a good metal mixtape theme.

Reactions: CiG
The winner is Vegard Pompey and his Scald's Night Sky with 8,375!

1. Scald - 8,375 Vegard Pompey
2. Sacramentum - 8 Phylactery
3. Panphage - 7,53 Slayed Necros
4. Demolition Hammer - 7,5 HamburgerBoy
5. Darkthrone - 7.15 Krow
6. Ancestors - 7,13 Baroque
7. Drudkh - 6,8 unknown
8. Atheist - 6,25 TechnicalBarbarity
9. Arcturus - 6,19 Vilden
10. Branikald - 6,09375 no country for old wainds
11. Dead Can Dance - 6,0625 Yoda
12. Alchemist - 5,9375 EternalMetal
13. Hate Forest - 5,6875 Onder
14. Bloodbath - 5,251875 arg
15. Waldgeflüster - 4,5 Serjeant Grumbles
16. Sort Vokter - 4,25 Omni

Shit so much calculating. Give us a new theme, @Vegard Pompey.

I'm happy with an 8 and that top 5 is pretty great. I was going to pick "Obsolete Tears" or "Cries From a Restless Soul" which I think might have done even better, but they aren't really as nature related, other than mentioning forests and things.

I won! It must be the will of the gods. I was afraid I'd lose to Sacramentum or Panphage... Which would've been fine because they were both great fucking songs.

The theme for the next round is ANCIENT HISTORY (bitch you don't get to co-opt my round). For the purposes of this game I'll define that as anything from the emergence of homo sapiens to the fall of the western Roman empire (sometime in the late 5th century AD).

The songs don't have to be about historical events specifically, but they should strongly relate to ancient cultures in some way. Basically, I want to hear songs that will take me back into the distant past. Use your own best judgement. Good luck!

Last edited:
I should have clarified that I meant the fall of the western Roman empire as the endpoint for the timeframe. The generally accepted date for this is 476 AD. I have edited my post to reflect this.