Themed Mixtape Game

"Tardy" as if there's a set schedule.

Anyhow I submitted something, it's up to the game master at this point

There is. The schedule is one that runs continuously once it meets its required occupancy.

Also, if you really submitted a 24-minute song, that's a good reason why allowing too many people to play at once is a bad idea. A lot of people pick really long tracks, so having too many makes it very time-consuming to hear them all.

I submitted a backup song that was more like 4 mins in case people bitched. Use that one. I only submitted the 24 minute song because it is one of my favorite songs of all time. Not to troll. Man people love to whine around here though it would be a great place to troll tbh.

Y'know, I was actually considering letting Baroque participate but considering he just tried to submit a 24-minute song by a band that is not particularly beloved around here I think I'm going to let submissions stay closed.
Resubmitted since you pointed out my random pick wasn't terribly on-theme.

@Phylactery Nope, havent skipped a song yet, except maybe for a couple that im already familiar with and its towards the end of the playlist and its getting late.

I'm actually somewhat relieved I didn't make it in time because I've been fretting all night with indecision over four different aspects of three different ancient cultures amongst like ten bands. All excellent songs. I do not pity the burden of those who may doubt their final choices.

Wow, compared to you I basically put no thought into my pick. Cool song with ancient history oriented lyrics? Submitted. I would have put more thought in, but I submitted right before the deadline so I figured that I didnt have the time to fully explore my library and put some deeper thought in.

As far as submissions go, it seems like more people want to play this game than the game should allow. First come first serve is the fairest way to do it. As per the original post, if I were the gamemaster I would close submissions after 15 songs were submitted, though if there were a fair amount of short tracks (like with the alcohol theme), id probably allow a couple extra picks.

Id let Baroque in tbh (he deserves to participate), just not with a 20+ minute song. Actually if I won id have a 10 minute max cap on all tracks submitted. Sometimes long songs are great, but it's just too much when you have a playlist that is already much longer than a typical album.

we've been fine about folks rating even if they haven't submitted a song, so it's not like anyone's fully excluded anyway.

Yeah, that's part of why I don't get the weird entitlement about having to be included every time if some people weren't available during the proper window. It's really not unreasonable and also it's just a game for entertainment purposes.

Reactions: Carpe Mortem
Yes, in all fairness, Baroque did submit a 4-minute song as a backup. I just found it really amusing that he would ask for submissions to be reopened and then submit a 24-minute song.

I'm not going to accept his submission though - I've already closed submissions and it's probably best/most fair that I don't make exceptions for anyone anyway.

There should be a 24 hour window imo. This was like 15 hours and I was asleep for 7 of it, working for the other 8.

Also Omni needs to stfu and stop butting in on every convo I have with other people not concerning her. Omg one more 4 minute song let me call him entitled and tardy. What a little bitch.

Alright, due to overwhelming popular support I will accept Baroque's submission. It is a pretty fantastic song. But I swear to god submissions are absolutely fucking closed now and at this point I will only wait for Yoda's repick.

@Baroque - If I were the gamemaster I would have a 24 hour window for submissions and probably 6 days for voting (a week total per round). Unless I got more than enough submissions before the window, and everyone who participated has voted.

Thanks for the leniency VP. This should be fun for everyone, and Baroque has been an active enough participant to allow a small exception.