Themed Mixtape Game

If I ever host I'm probably going to ask for multiple submissions from everyone, and randomize who gets a contested pick rather than going first-come-first-serve. Helps suppress the autists that keep the thread on auto-notification and probably have a hundred picks already prepared for every common theme imaginable.

My pick was Death. I downvoted Candlemass because I assumed Omni picked it and wanted to see someone else win. Oh no I'm not winning a forum game btw. Fuckin tragedy.

It's too bad @TechnicalBarbarity never made it to vote, I might have had a strong 2nd place finish if he did.

Well the Candlemass pick was doomed because it was stupidly mentioned before the contest began. Though tbh I dont think people should let bias influence their votes; this should be all about the music and not some stupid popularity contest.

I picked Cirith Ungol.

Reactions: Phylactery
My pick was Death. I downvoted Candlemass because I assumed Omni picked it and wanted to see someone else win. Oh no I'm not winning a forum game btw. Fuckin tragedy.

I'm sure that you'll act like I'm saying this because I didn't win, but playing like that is lame regardless of who you're trying to target and pretty much defeats the purpose of actually rating the songs. I'd feel the same way if people rated songs higher because they knew who picked them.

Reactions: Phylactery
I don't mind Omni winning because I know she is prompt with posting a new theme. I also couldn't guess who picked Candlemass, I assume quite a few people tried to submit it. I'm interested to see what Satanstoenail is going to pick, though.

Reactions: Omni

It's too bad @TechnicalBarbarity never made it to vote, I might have had a strong 2nd place finish if he did.
I would have definitely gave it a 10. One of the best death metal bands? Check. One of their best albums? Check. One of their best song form that album? Another check. And definitely the best song on this list.