Themed Mixtape Game

You've noticed his black metal hating ways then?

I'm sure I've seen him say that he really like De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. I just don't know what's so different about it to other classic black metal that he can really like it but shit on everything else.

Reactions: The Butt
You've noticed his black metal hating ways then?

I'm sure I've seen him say that he really like De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. I just don't know what's so different about it to other classic black metal that he can really like it but shit on everything else.

the fuck is this a response to lol

I drink mostly water and red wine these days. But if I'm going to drink beer and lower my testosterone and gain weight, I'm going to make it worth it and drink an IPA, maybe double.

I'll do my ratings either before or after work sometime today. (It's 1:37 am currently, I work at 3 pm).

Also dissing specific metal for being "simplistic", "derivative", having a "pop structure" is the epitome of poseurdom, and such opinions are a clear sign that their bearer is not to be taken seriously.

There, I said it.

I downed twelve of those fuckers while you were typing that message. I siphoned the syphilis directly from Hamburger Boy's opinions on black metal.
Fucking REKT.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Also dissing specific metal for being "simplistic", "derivative", having a "pop structure" is the epitome of poseurdom, and such opinions are a clear sign that their bearer is not to be taken seriously.

I don't terribly care for thrash, I find most of it to be derivative and generic. I did forget to list Death Angel and Destruction though.

As for pop (and I'm not referring to good pop since I know it exists... I'm referring to the terribad top 40 stuff... the poorly-written stuff)... the music is simplistic with the intent of shifting units, to gullible teens/early adults who get incredibly wet or hard for DEEEEEEEEEEEEP lyrics like "so why can't you seeeeeeeee / you belong with meeeeee". That stuff is NOT art, and I think it is clear.

Sure thing bud

Reactions: Baroque

The riffs are completely different, it doesn't force-feed the listener "atmosphere" through 10+ minute songs, the drumming is more dynamic, and overall it doesn't sound anything like any other classic black metal album unless you want to point something out to me.

I think Burzum's S/T, early Darkthrone, and the first Immortal albums are good/great too btw.

Sure thing bud
As for the second quote:
First, I said hating METAL for being constructed in a poppish fashion is poseurish. Metal that is kinda poppy, is different from Top 40 radio pop music (although I can appreciate a few rare top 40 acts in a "brainless entertainment" kinda way).
Second, that quote was five years ago lmao. Get a life.

As for the first quote:
That was admittedly a poor way of putting it, so I can sorta half-concede that I should have put it better. I still don't terribly like thrash, but it's mainly just because straight thrash is most of the time very flat and one-dimensional. I find a lot of thrash to be very bro-ish metal.

Exceptions aside, it's gotta have death or black in it to interest me. It has to be legitimately vicious, evil, and unsettling.

Last edited:
First, I said hating METAL for being constructed in a poppish fashion is poseurish. Metal that is kinda poppy, is different from Top 40 radio pop

I still don't terribly like thrash,

Exceptions aside, it's gotta have death or black in it to interest me. It has to be legitimately vicious, evil, and unsettling.

Explain how Angel Witch or Manowar or "Metal that is kinda poppy" (1) has death or black in it, or (2) is legitimately vicious, evil or unsettling.

This implies that you think Angel Witch or Manowar are more vicious evil or unsettling than most thrash.

You're a man of contradictions.

As for the second quote:
First, I said hating METAL for being constructed in a poppish fashion is poseurish. Metal that is kinda poppy, is different from Top 40 radio pop music (although I can appreciate a few rare top 40 acts in a "brainless entertainment" kinda way).
Second, that quote was five years ago lmao. Get a life.

As for the first quote:
That was admittedly a poor way of putting it, so I can sorta half-concede that I should have put it better. I still don't terribly like thrash, but it's mainly just because straight thrash is most of the time very flat and one-dimensional. I find a lot of thrash to be very bro-ish metal.

Yeah, so it's ok to dismiss non-metal for shitty reasons, just not metal, got it.

Very little music of any kind is legitimately evil. It's mostly for show. I hope you realize that.

HB: Again, poppish metal utilizes pop songwriting elements on a far lesser scale, compared to outright pop music. It may use verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure, but the feel-good dancy rhythms, the typical chord progressions, the vocal- and beat-centric writing is not there.

You're being a dumbass, and reading your posts gives me cancer.

Explain how Angel Witch or Manowar or "Metal that is kinda poppy" (1) has death or black in it, or (2) is legitimately vicious, evil or unsettling.

This implies that you think Angel Witch or Manowar are more vicious evil or unsettling than most thrash.

You're a man of contradictions.
Angel Witch or Manowar aren't thrash, shitlord.

Last edited:
Pagan Altar - 10/10
Carnivore - 6/10
Sortilege - 9/10
Gorgoroth - 8/10
Saint Vitus - 10/10
White Wizzard - 7/10
Aspid - 4/10 gay
Iron Maiden - 8/10
Skyclad - 3/10 gay
Pentagram - 9/10
Fog of War - 5/10 kinda gay
Manowar - 9/10 totally fucking gay
Nyktalgia - 6/10 too long, so depressive
Angel Witch - 10/10
Dream Death - 8.5/10
Dark Quarterer - 9.5/10

0002160035_10.jpg
Fog of War – 5/10

Back when this came out everyone hyped them as one of the bands that would surely make a huge name for themselves.

Hold on ... hyped? Fog of War? I dont remember anything like that. Not even remotely closed to being hyped.

makes no sense to me that you'd give 'blood fire death' an 8 but constantly shit on manowar.

So you have to like Manowar if you're a fan of Bathory(especially his earlier work)? Lol wut? Talk about not making any sense.

Fog of War
Cool artwork.

Lol, really? give it a break already bro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baroque