They Let Jonh Bush Mangle Most Of The Belladonna Era Catalog...

eighteeschick said:
I like Bud Light. Good stuff.

Light beers are CRIME against the whole beer philosophy. It´s a soda trying to taste like beer, but it tastes like SHIT! Just thinking of my trip to the US and visiting Coors brewery in Golden CO and they told me that 70% of their sale is Coors Light...:puke: :puke: :puke:

spacebeer said:
You must be joking right, non of them ever sounded better than the original recordings!

Keep It In the Family is a Bush song now. He fecking owns it - cant even listen to the original. GO2E compares 50/50 with the originals overall and about 70/30 on vocals.

I don't mean to pour gasoline on the fire (especially at THESE prices), but I don't think that Anthrax doing a GOTEv2 CD is a bad idea at all. I really would like to hear what Joey could do with a song like "Room For One More".

I think he'd do what doesnt die well.....I know it doesnt seem to good but if he sung it like he sung among the living with that kind of high chanting voice i think itd be cool.

Arg_Hamster said:
If Joey was going to sing a BushthraX song I´d pick "Anyplace but here".
yeah, a song with lyrics and vocal lines written by John...before you even think it, I don't think Joey wrote a single word

vojdan said:
Light beers are CRIME against the whole beer philosophy. It´s a soda trying to taste like beer, but it tastes like SHIT! Just thinking of my trip to the US and visiting Coors brewery in Golden CO and they told me that 70% of their sale is Coors Light...:puke: :puke: :puke:
God, why bother visiting that brewery...so many better breweries to visit in CO. Just messin'. SO??? How was the trip?????? Hele chlapi, musime do hospody!!

LuvataciousSkull said:
I can name quite a few songs that sounded better with Bush:

Be All, End All
Deathrider
Lone Justice
Keep it In the Family
Belly of the Beast
NFL
Panic

Not that anybody cares about what I think, but...
I think Be All, End All with John Bush is not that good. It's just not the same, I don't feel "it".
Deathrider is much better with Bush, but it's not really Joey's song anyway.
I like the original Lone Justice better.
I like both versions of Keep it in the Family equally.
Same with Belly of the Beast.
I love NFL so much that it doesn't really matter who's singing.
Panic with Bush is better but it's also not Joey's song.

I like GO2E - yes I prefer John on the FOM and POT tunes on the album. The ATL songs I'm not as hot about but when they played ATL tunes with John live they're better than GO2E.

And yes they play these faster with Joey but I watched MOMD last month they played the ATL stuff fast.

Anyway God Damn Titties and Beer!!! Where's the Hookers anyway?

I have a question. When you say you don't want to hear Joey doing John's songs, do mean you don't want to hear Joey's "spin" on them, so to speak or do you just mean you don't want to hear Joey sing them, period.

Drokk said:
yeah, a song with lyrics and vocal lines written by John...before you even think it, I don't think Joey wrote a single word

lol,could count the lyrics for songs he has co wrote on one hand mate,lets not go down that path,the only song he fully wrote lyrics too was anyplace but here,i am 100% sure he only helped out with lyrics on a few songs on sown,so really as far as contributing if u look at the facts he hasnt dont much more than joey...

any interviews after stomp came out there was a strong message that scott took full duties of writing lyrics and they never went backwards from there!!!

neither singers fault but scott writes the lyrics and charlie the music,simple as that.

A lot of the Bush era song I dont think Joey could pull off. John has such a strong voice. I like Joeys voice I just dont think he can match John. And a lot of the songs on GOTE I like a lot better than the originals. Kinda like when Metallica covers a song, it makes it hard to listen to the original. BUT NOT ALL THE TIME.

dailyvault said:
I don't mean to pour gasoline on the fire (especially at THESE prices), but I don't think that Anthrax doing a GOTEv2 CD is a bad idea at all. I really would like to hear what Joey could do with a song like "Room For One More".

I want a NEW Anthrax album with whatever the hell lineup they can assemble.