This is what America does...

...or any cruelty... cruelty against children, against old people, against animals... it's the same and it's all wrong.

neal your example about the cat that will go outside and kill birds just for the heck of it can be argued with the fact that it's an instinct, and since cats and dogs have been domesticated BY US HUMANS the fact that they go out and kill animals just shows their "hunting" instincts that got tamed by dominstication.
I see your point, and it's actually the best one in this thread so far, but I'd still feel bad for the bird that was killed.
Regardless: I will not be mad at the dog/ cat simply because they have no idea what they're doing: WHERE HUMANS are all about awareness. Yes we have made rules, and correct me if I'm wrong: but if you'll see a person murders another- you'll think it's wrong, no?

I come off as a PETA freak here, where really, I'm not.
I just will NEVER understand cruelty to animals- NEVER

But, humans are aware, and yet they kill and rape and abuse all the same. I see no reason why any other species, given self awareness, wouldn't follow the same pattern we have.

lucy-731415.jpg

But, humans are aware, and yet they kill and rape and abuse all the same. I see no reason why any other species, given self awareness, wouldn't follow the same pattern we have.

The average human does not kill and rape and abuse though. If they were given self awareness and followed the same pattern, they could simply imprison rapist, etc.

That ends up to the question about how "free" the "free will" is actually. How much is predetermined by genes? AFAIK there's not definite answer to this at this point.

So could it be that this soldier just had no other choice than to act the way he did? Yes, maybe. But it's 1. not likely to be that way (complete pre-determination) and secondly it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't happen.

That ends up to the question about how "free" the "free will" is actually. How much is predetermined by genes? AFAIK there's not definite answer to this at this point.

So could it be that this soldier just had no other choice than to act the way he did? Yes, maybe. But it's 1. not likely to be that way (complete pre-determination) and secondly it doesn't change the fact that it shouldn't happen.

dude, please never leave this place :kickass::lol:

Dom - :kickass: for you too!!

(yes dom ;) )