This new vocalist...

best falsetto voice in metal, in my opinion, is Ray Alder on the No Exit cd, and Perfect Symmetry cd.

When I first heard the new IE cd, I was taken back by the high parts. I was sort of put off by it. But, then I sat down, and read the lyrics, while listening to the cd. In Timeless Winter, my favorite on the new cd, I feel the high parts are defining an emotion. I don't know if that is what they were going for, but that is how I feel about those parts on that song. Maybe its just me.

eh? Stu did about 90% of all vocals on the new album, from the deep growls to the high falsettos...

Precisely! Look, people-if you're going to debate the band's sound, whether you like it or not, get your poop in a pile first and do some homework. Tim writes virtually all the music, so blaming Troy for writing bass lines that you don't like is completely off base. Go watch him live-the guy is talented, and the energy & sincere appreciation he brings to the stage and to the crowd is priceless.

And to try to peg Stu as being "repetitive" and overdosing on the falsettos, let me reiterate what Marlies said: Stu is the LEAD singer of Into Eternity; he's not the "falsetto" singer of Into Eternity. He covers the ENTIRE SPECTRUM on this album, and if you wanna bitch about any redundancy in the falsettos, take into account the multiple OCTAVES that come into play. It's not one stale high pitch rehashed over and over, there are levels. Compare the chorus of "Timeless Winter" to "Suspension Of Disbelief" and tell me those are the same notes.

And consider this: in the past, in order to accomplish the considerable diversity that is the foundation for Into Eternity's music, there were up to FIVE different vocalists jumping in in order to capture that. Now? Only TWO, and not a single element of diversity or capacity has been compromised. Stu is so diverse that he compensates for virtually all aspects. Apart from some melodic harmonies from Tim on most of the choruses and his particularly low end growls, everything you're hearing on this album is courtesy of one Stu Block. Death vox, Power vox, Melodic vox, Blackened vox-all Stu.

If you don't dig the Power Metal vox (which is a ridiculous concept that leads me to wonder how you ever liked Into Eternity in the first place, considering Tim has tried to incorporate that style along with multiple others since the band's inception), so be it, but bear in mind this album is the perfect culmination of what Tim has always wanted this band to sound like, and a large part of that is due solely to Stu's inhuman vocal capacity. Tim will tell you precisely the same thing.

So what it comes down to is: GET USED TO IT. This is Into Eternity, and this is what they're about. If you don't like that you might as well bail now because I doubt they're gonna change on anybody's behalf. :)

Precisely! Look, people-if you're going to debate the band's sound, whether you like it or not, get your poop in a pile first and do some homework. Tim writes virtually all the music, so blaming Troy for writing bass lines that you don't like is completely off base. Go watch him live-the guy is talented, and the energy & sincere appreciation he brings to the stage and to the crowd is priceless.

And to try to peg Stu as being "repetitive" and overdosing on the falsettos, let me reiterate what Marlies said: Stu is the LEAD singer of Into Eternity; he's not the "falsetto" singer of Into Eternity. He covers the ENTIRE SPECTRUM on this album, and if you wanna bitch about any redundancy in the falsettos, take into account the multiple OCTAVES that come into play. It's not one stale high pitch rehashed over and over, there are levels. Compare the chorus of "Timeless Winter" to "Suspension Of Disbelief" and tell me those are the same notes.

And consider this: in the past, in order to accomplish the considerable diversity that is the foundation for Into Eternity's music, there were up to FIVE different vocalists jumping in in order to capture that. Now? Only TWO, and not a single element of diversity or capacity has been compromised. Stu is so diverse that he compensates for virtually all aspects. Apart from some melodic harmonies from Tim on most of the choruses and his particularly low end growls, everything you're hearing on this album is courtesy of one Stu Block. Death vox, Power vox, Melodic vox, Blackened vox-all Stu.

If you don't dig the Power Metal vox (which is a ridiculous concept that leads me to wonder how you ever liked Into Eternity in the first place, considering Tim has tried to incorporate that style along with multiple others since the band's inception), so be it, but bear in mind this album is the perfect culmination of what Tim has always wanted this band to sound like, and a large part of that is due solely to Stu's inhuman vocal capacity. Tim will tell you precisely the same thing.

So what it comes down to is: GET USED TO IT. This is Into Eternity, and this is what they're about. If you don't like that you might as well bail now because I doubt they're gonna change on anybody's behalf. :)
for one I never said I didn't like the basslines I just like the old basslines on the other cds better. so don't blow a casket on that one. I've talked to numerous people who told me they felt the same about the falsettos without me even mentioning it. so that kinda tells you something. And questioning weather I liked them in the first place because I don't like some of the vocals on the new cd is ludicrous. Why should I bail because I dislike one aspect of the band? all your accusations are out of place. They can do what they want it's their band, and I'm not going anywhere so deal with it.

Dude seriously...seriously just stop.... stop the fucking really high pitched falsettos! it doesn't fucking work at all man! I know i'm going to get flammed for this but it just doesn't work musicaly at all. They're just the most random pointless annoying shit ever. I've been a fan since dead and dreaming and I still love this cd although I don't think it tops buried at all. Point is Tim is an amazing vocalist so why do you even need this guy??? at least stop the fucking falsettos that sound exactly the same and don't work at all. What were you thinking?

I know what you mean dude, but Stu is a killer singer

Reactions: King Chaos