To all Ghost Reveries Haters.....

well at least da real world has taught him not to look like a complete fool and lose his temper over tha inturnet :erl:

MixGrafix said:
Need a spoonful of sugar for that medicine to go down? Remember that Opeth pulled out of Hunterfest because they did not get paid in time. If they were in it strictly for the fans, they would have shelled there own coin of their bank account and went and played anyways.

Such a fucking nonsense.

You believe Light guys, Roadies and Audio Technicians do everything for free, right ?

^You should learn to read in context. He isn't blaming Opeth for needing money to perform, he's just stating it.

And how does this change the fact that his statement "If they were in for the music only, they would have played." is nonsense ?

mot- said:
And how does this change the fact that his statement "If they were in for the music only, they would have played." is nonsense ?

It's a fact. If they were in it for the music only, they would have played. But obviously no sane person will pay to play, so they didn't. Every person needs money to survive and to be able to continue making music, and even if you really care about your fans, the factor money will always be in play. So no, it's not nonsense, deal with it.

MixGrafix said:
Listen all you whiny little bitches! It seems that the majority of people here are the best musicians in the world, and should actually be writing all of Opeth's songs for them.

:lol: :lol: Ha!...I love this...finally someone with a grasp on reality...:lol: :lol:How refreshing:lol: :worship:

I really like Ghost Reveries.
I think the fact that opeth cancels shows for which it isnt paid - nothing wrong with it. They arent 15 year old kids you know... how can they afford for others to take advantage over them? Bands that play for free are rejected by the economy in no time. You can play for free in your bedroom.

Oh, wow. Now that I've read your thread, I suddenly like the music on GR instead of being bored out of my mind by it...........
Was that the reaction you were actually hoping for?

It would cost them a shit load to play that stupid festival. Yeah sure some people say, oh well anathema played that festival for free one time. But seriously those guys havent got a whole team of proffessionals needing to be paid. what a pointless argument

MixGrafix said:
Listen all you whiny little bitches! It seems that the majority of people here are the best musicians in the world, and should actually be writing all of Opeth's songs for them. You want to keep them in your "Opeth Shell", and not let them evolve. You want to keep them all to yourselves. When I was 14 I had to choose between WASP, Motley Crue, Ozzy, Ratt and Quiet Riot. Luckily I discovered Metallica through Bob Muldowney's Fanzine "KICK ASS MONTHLY". The first time I heard "Kill Em All" on vinyl I knew that there was something better out there. I found Venom and Anthrax and Overkill and Voi Vod and Megadeth and MOTORHEAD. I found my calling in life.

You should be thankful that Opeth is still a band. SIXTEEN years together, and most of you still want to keep them in the Black Water Park Days. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. I hope Opeth writes a love song / ballad using a xylophone, bongo, timbale,accordian and a clave with Ron Burgundy on Jazz flute and scores a number one hit with it. Kasey Kasem soon will be doing a long distance dedication to "Tad in Fresno from his long lost love Buffy in Tulsa." Opeth's music is their music, and not yours. THANK GOD FOR THAT.

Understand one thing. OPETH IS A BUSINESS AT THIS POINT AND NOT JUST A BAND. They have to evolve and make there sound as big as is can be and push them limits of change. That means taking chances, twisting their sound, trying a new style, and if they did not do it, they would be going straight to nowheresville.

So in closing, I want to say to Mike, Pete, Martin, Martin and Per, and the whole Opeth crew, do whatever you feel is best for you. If you have to lose a few fans stuck on Morningrise, then so be it.

I will still be a fan.

~ Excellent rant... and for the record, I enjoy GR, well except for that one truly overhyped song. :saint:

There is no reason to hate GR... one of my fav album was morning rise... I love the element in their debut... and after so many years... GR impressed as much as the rest... Ghost of perdition blew me away the first time i heard. It's a great album. I mean seriously... it's still Opeth... what more can you ask for?

One very ludicrous reason some ppl hate GR is their record label!!! I mean wtf... that's not the way a real fan should act...