Top 5 WORST metal albums of all time...

Too many threads, I agree, but there is actually a lot of room for discussion (argument) in this thread if we play along.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Attack
Metallica - St. Anger
Dark Tranquility - The Gallery
Meshuggah - Nothing
Slayer - Diabolus in Musica

...& Anything by Down, The Sword or Chimaira

Fuck, people are touchy when someone voices an opinion on this forum..lol

Seriously, when I listen to ANY Sonata Arctica album I want to gouge out my eardrums with a fucking butcher knife. They are the epitome of ghey/FAIL/whatever.

People can't detect sarcasm apparently

Oh wait, that was regarding you. My bad. I'll be more subtle next time

Too many threads, I agree, but there is actually a lot of room for discussion (argument) in this thread if we play along.

This is an odd album to put in this kind of discussion. Even though I don't particularly enjoy it, I fail to see how it could be one of the worst. Why do you hate it so much?

This is an odd album to put in this kind of discussion. Even though I don't particularly enjoy it, I fail to see how it could be one of the worst. Why do you hate it so much?

I just hate that album. It has somehow singlehandedly made me never want to check out anything else by DT again, & that's crazy for me because I'm always really open to listen to new stuff, even by bands that have yet to prove themselves to me. I think it sounds like poor man's Bodom/Norther, I don't care which band came first. It's also praised by folks who despise Bodom/Norther, so go figure... It's just tremendously overrated. Technically there are worse metal albums (I know) but the stagnant praise of this album just gets under my skin & always seems to make me relate people who praise it to kids with bad taste. I think "Slaughter of the Soul" is a way better melodic death album & I don't even like that album.

I just hate that album. It has somehow singlehandedly made me never want to check out anything else by DT again, & that's crazy for me because I'm always really open to listen to new stuff, even by bands that have yet to prove themselves to me. I think it sounds like poor man's Bodom/Norther, I don't care which band came first. It's also praised by folks who despise Bodom/Norther, so go figure... It's just tremendously overrated. Technically there are worse metal albums (I know) but the stagnant praise of this album just gets under my skin & always seems to make me relate people who praise it to kids with bad taste. I think "Slaughter of the Soul" is a way better melodic death album & I don't even like that album.

The Gallery is actually well-composed and interesting, though, while Slaughter... is just dumbed down proto-metalcore whatever.

Yngwie Malmsteen - Attack
Metallica - St. Anger
Meshuggah - Nothing
Slayer - Diabolus in Musica

...& Anything by Down, The Sword or Chimaira

I've heard alot of people hate the sword. They aren't bad, what's with the intense amount of hate?

Not to completely support your argument...

...but The Gallery is better than anything Children of Bodom or Norther ever released.