Top five In Flames songs

She's obviously more into the catchy In Flames than the heavy death metal In Flames.

She's obviously more into the catchy In Flames than the heavy death metal In Flames.
So was I. I just worked my way backwards. At first I really thought it was shit, but eventually I grew to love the old albums. No one listens to melodeath for their first time and is like, NICE!, You gotta get used to it. If she will listen album for album she WILL like the ''old'' in flames aswell, it's just a matter of time.

Well when I first heard Embody The Invisible I shat my pants because it was so awesome.

My first exposure to In Flames was OFTW when I was like, 13 or whatever. It gave me a headache, but I kinda liked it too :D it took me at least 5 or 6 months to appreciate the older In Flames. I was sent Moonshield & Gyroscope by a friend and deleted them because I thought they were shit :eek:

That's pretty funny. You see, when I first heard In Flames (like I said, Embody The Invisible), I was one who liked more mainstream and catchy music, back then.
It was because it was so innovating and new to me that I liked that song. It was so different and amazing. Very energetic.

I was like "holy shit I like death metal"

That's pretty funny. You see, when I first heard In Flames (like I said, Embody The Invisible), I was one who liked more mainstream and catchy music, back then.
It was because it was so innovating and new to me that I liked that song. It was so different and amazing. Very energetic.

I was like "holy shit I like death metal"

In Flames got me into Death Metal and other forms of extreme metal as well. Before I knew it I was bangin my head to bands like Malevolent Creation and Napalm Death which of course made my grandparents oh-so-happy lol.

Hey, I'm sorry to say but Soundtrack might be their worst album. Listen to Lunar Strain if you get the chance. It's different from the IF sound you are used to but it is their best album, in my opinion.

Anyways, guys I'm new here so hello to you all!

Now for my 5...

Behind Space (Lunar)
Clad In Shadows (Lunar)
Upon An Oaken Throne
Everdying
Dead Eternity

ok I just listened to Lunar strain and Soundtrack. i didnt really like LS. all the songs sounded too much the same. on the other hand Soundtrack was phenomenal. It was a masterpiece. and i think My sweet shadow is my new fav. IF song. :)

everdying
goliaths disarm their davids
dead eternity
lord hypnos
jester script transfigured

honorable mention: december flower

didn't take instrumentals into consideration because it would have made it too difficult

this is tough but here gos nothin!

1.food for the gods- awsome thrash riffs, with heavy tremelo picked harmonies, with a beautiful guitar solo, all revolving around this songs amazing chorus. got me into in flames and is still my favorite!

2.jester race- the chrous is so catchy its not even funny. 'nough said

3.dead eternity- the main hook of this song ( the chorus) is one of in flames best riffs. great progression here, this song provides alot. and i love every second of it.

4.december flower- just beautiful riffs all over the place. epic solo. and more awsome riffage. this song just spells in flames.

5.moonshield- ya just gotta love the folk melodies the guys incorporated into this song. some of their best leads on this track.

as you can see my favorite in flames albums are whoracl and jester race:D

totally agree with your taste. Food for the gods is the most emotional song for me.. it brings fuckin great feeling.. and I also would choose the jester race/ whoracle era as the best of this band. But I like vocals on whoracle a little better.. Jester Race is masterpiece but on Whoracle there is that strange "echo" atmosphere :)

Whoracle is my favorite album aswell. After that I don't fucking know.
Jester Script transfigured is my all-time favorite song.

I didn't like many songs off R2R or STYE, their two worse albums in my opinion..

Clayman
December Flower
Resin
Eraser
Brush the Dust Away

Hey guys, I made this account so that I can answer this question, I hope you enjoy.

This is a very very hard question to answer because I love this band and all of their songs

Old Stuff (I like their old stuff so much better than their new stuff but I still like both...and nothing is an a certain order)
1. December Flower- awesome song, one of their best solos, and it is even the ringtone for my cellphone.
2. Wayfaerer- great instrumental, very catchy, one of my favorites.
3. Satallites and Astronauts- love this song, great riffs, great singing, very powerful.
4. Dialogue With the Stars- amazing song, so many great riffs, very catchy.
5. Biosphere- I know, I know it doesn't have Anders but this is a very good song and Jesper's guitar work rules on this one (then again it rules on all of the songs).

New Songs (I know, their old stuff blows this out of the ground but I like their new stuff as well)
1. Minus- cool song.
2. Black & White- good song, I like the chorus
3. (I am going to get bashed for this) The Chosen Pessimist- yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. This is their most mellow song to date but this song has a great meaning and I can identify with it. Anders's singing is very good on this one, one of his best in my opinion, and this proves that metal singers can sing very well.
4. Egonomic- nice, pretty heavy song.
5. Crawl Through Knives- I know not many people like the Come Clarity album, but I really like this song, it is pretty cool and I love the riffs.

1- Ordinary Story
2- Jotun
3- My Sweet Shadow
4- Embody the Invisible
5- Crawl Through Knives/System

a nice mix of all

Moonshield
Ordinary Story
Jotun
The Jester Race
The Jester Script Transfigured

A New Dawn, I believe will one day be in this top 5. So fucking good.