Traditional Doom Metal

I know I'm a little late in this discussion here, but I just got my copy of Procession - Destroyers of the Faith. Incredible stuff here, anyone else listen to this yet?

Epic doom. Reminds me a lot of Reverend Bizarre. They're definitely one of the best active doom bands around these days and are essential listening. Check out Destroyers of the Faith or The Cult of Disease immediately.

Vinyl. SKR had it for $18 which is pretty decent for him. I don't think the CD version has been released yet. But yeah, think Candlemass, Reverend Bizarre, and maybe hints of Scald.

I'll wait for cd but yea that sounded pretty damn good. You guys like thunderstorm? I dont here them talked about too much here and they're also damn good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thuderstorm is pretty good, atleast the earlier albums. As We Die Alone was pretty meh and after that I Haven't heard anything.

Witchunter Tales is great though.

not sure exactly where to post this but here seems appropriate enough. it's more like mercyful fate/fates warning/slauter xstroyes etc type stuff than trad doom, but i figure it'll appeal to the same crowd.

ghost tower. band from nebraska. myspace here.

Longtime metalheads 'Ameven' (vocals) and Matt Preston (guitar) began writing songs in the summer of '07, blending heavy and uncompromised guitarwork with Ameven's dark and unique female vocals, taking primary influence from the killer music that they enjoy. Ghost Tower strives to be a band that doesn't remain predictable from song to song, and rather than sticking to one particular subgenre, they explore the territories of traditional metal, doom, thrash and even a touch of psyche as they see fit. The band does their best to saturate the music with elements of the amazing metal sound that the ancient masters left behind, but are not a carbon copy of the genre's staples that we've all heard recycled countlessly under different names. Ghost Tower released a raw demo in February 2008 and their debut album 'Curse of the Black Blood' in 2010, which is downloadable for free on many pages online. Send us a message for a link, or if you are looking for a copy of the CD. The band is now working with Mike Biggs on drums and writing new material for a second album to be released in 2011.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5dbKh_zp08&fmt=18[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF8Tob2t4EQ&fmt=18[/ame]

really excited about this stuff right now, this stomps on virtually everything else i heard from last year. then again i'm biased as this is basically tailor-made for me. i know there's a few other guys here who will really dig this stuff. spread the word!

I guess I'll post this hear as well.

After eons lying in darkness, the Olórin demo has finally surfaced. Featuring six hymns of True Khazad Doom performed by The Witch King and his Nazgûl. This can be acquired for $5.00 at rituals or $6.00 on the wings of the Fellbeast (shipped). Message olorindoom@yahoo.com or Michael Schmidt/Tyler Antram for order information. For samples check us out on facebook, myspace, and youtube. Hail the Lidless Eye.

TRUE KHAZAD DOOM!

As an added point of interest, the entire demo features lead vocals by yours truly, as well as sexy art also by me. Buy that shit.