Traditional Metal

What?!

Ah man, I figured you'd be with me on The Holy Empire. I fucking adore that record.
Especially since it's all original rather than a bunch of not-as-good re-recordings of old songs like Rising Out Of The Ashes is.

The Holy Empire turned out to be a big disappointment for me despite some great moments. I enjoyed it initially but after a while it seemed as though it's lacking atmosphere or something... Rising Out Of The Ashes is the opposite in that it turned out to be a recording that I enjoy a lot and is classic Warlord

The Holy Empire turned out to be a big disappointment for me despite some great moments. I enjoyed it initially but after a while it seemed as though it's lacking atmosphere or something... Rising Out Of The Ashes is the opposite in that it turned out to be a recording that I enjoy a lot and is classic Warlord

I smite thee!

Reactions: JontRevolting
Doomsword- Never heard em and listened to them some today. Resound the Horn & Let Battle Commence. Resound definitely was better of the two. Overall they're a solid trad/doom/tinge of viking sound. Nothing particularly ambitious, but not an off note on either album either. Something any metalhead should be able to appreciate.

they're pretty popular around here i should think.

since we're on the subject of doom with HAMMERHEART undertones i may as well namedrop scald's WILL OF THE GODS IS A GREAT POWER again, which i probably like even more than HAMMERHEART tbh.

Will of the Gods Is Great Power is basically untouchable. I listened to Ereb Altor's By Honour a few years ago and it was pretty good too.

Reactions: CiG
Where should I start with Slough Feg?

I've heard a couple tracks before and they were ok, but I feel like this is a band you listen to full albums of. Which album would I like?

Hmm, 3 tracks in and musically/riffwise it's pretty sweet. I kind of wish the lyrics were less goofy or the songs were more progressive though. Do they have anything like that?

What do you mean by progressive? Traveller is their thrashiest/heaviest but it's pretty similar all around. The latest stuff isn't that solid but the first like 6 albums are pretty good.

Trolls aren't inherently goofy, although yeah "Chewing on flesh, gnawing on bones" chanted in a Sesame Street fashion with flesh-eating noises is kinda goofy come to think of it. Nothing goofy about Heavy Metal Monk tho.

And I don't know what that "but a lot of 80's thrash does" comment is supposed to mean. I guess I said a lot of it is goofy? Exodus and Anthrax are clearly goofier than earlier Slough Feg.