U.S. tour impressions/photos/reviews go here

Well, given that DT only have a 45-minute setlist and they have a new album out, it makes sense playing the newer songs. Besides, the newer stuff from DT is fast, heavy, and something people can mosh to.

That video is awesome. Thanks so much MorbidEnemy :headbang:. The breakdown/solo section in the song really rings out. I can tell it must have sounded absolutely mint at the venue. This is like torture though. I need to see them play in the flesh, granted I should just stop moaning as I could have taken advantage when they were on my countrie's soil, even if they were a 6 hour car journey away (I have no car).

Glad you're all having a good time though.

great video! Man, i wish the Phoenix crowd was that aggressive! That would have been awesome to have no front baricade and Stanne singing in your face!
cheers
Eric

P.S. Hey Martin, There is a 1982 LP Custom on Ebay........... :)

DragonLady1 said:
thats a bit of a cliche with that girls/guys thing no? ;) but I'm sure u get the chance to meet them too :headbang:

O i did not mean it that way. I am sure if i would come up they would be super nice about it. When i ran up to them they all ready want inside i kind of missed them hehe well their is always a next time it just means i have to wait one mroe year makes it 9 years total! Thanks Dark Tranquillity for such an awsome show at the Key Club the crowd was amazing almost the whole club was singing along! Rock On every one! BTW sucks on that Clip no one stage dived i did it during the Monochromatic Stains song knocked the bassist down LOL sorry Michael! :headbang:

Siren said:

facehugger_bust.jpg

:err:

Hi guys. Another bootleg clip is up! I cleaned up the audio quality a bit this time.

It's a 161MB file. (TNB and The Wonders at your feet at West Hollywood)

Enjoy!

A big thanks to Morbid Enemy and the person behind the camera. ;)

Checking in at 3 AM for the Austin show: Mnemic went over really well with the younger crowd. They have a damn good singer it's just there's a bit too much chugging for my tastes. Hypocrisy I didnt catch really. Dark Tranquillity were very tight and very goddamn good. Mikael was prowling the stage and using every bit of it to connect with the crowd and was smiling the entire time. Niklas stood back and seemed to go with the flow of the music in his own world, Martin H thrashed around quite often flailing his dreads. The setlist was a great one at least for this crowd. Once Wonders at Your Feet started up there was a decent sized pit going which suprised me. Even though I missed some favorites like Hedon or Therein I still enjoyed myself immensely and had a great time. A full show report will be up on metalreviews this Monday.

Niklas, thanks for the interview and I hope at the very least it was an interesting one for you. Like I said, there's been so many interviews about Character that anything one wants to know about that album is out there already. I tried to come up with questions that have either been rarely asked or never asked before.

Have fun the rest of the tour

Ben (the tall Asian guy that looks like an Indian wearing the Lilitu shirt)

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
Awesome stuff... and the crowd was awesome! I bet it's such a nice feeling to stand there infront of them and play.

I just came up with an idea. I acutally have some short clips from Ljubljana, Slovenia. They were all taken with a digital camera, but still they're quite okay. I didn't say anything earlier, cuz I didn't know if it was appropriate. But seeing you sharing your videos made me wanna share mine too.
So, if anyone has any free space on some ftp server, we can arrange something. I think I have like 6 clips, all short, up to about 30 secs, but if you want them, no problem.

I took some pictures from the Austin show with my little disposable cameras.

dt1.2.jpg

dt2.2.jpg

dt3.2.jpg

dt4.2.jpg

dt5.2.jpg

DT rocked the house! I've never seen any of these bands before, and DT and Hypocrisy were the highlights of the night for me. I know I had a really stupid grin the whole time they were playing. Fantastic show!!!

I have some more pictures, if anyone wants me to email them I can. I have some of Mnemic, Hypocrisy (lots of flying hair shots mostly), but only one of Soilwork, because I ran out of film.

Wow! Amazing shots you got there. \m/ Thanks for sharing them! :headbang:

hey man,

i would love to see your shots of Hypocrisy. I saw them there last febuary on the cannibal corpse tour but my shots came out terrible.
cheers
Eric

N.P.-My negation :headbang: