Unblack metal

Unblack metal is christian black metal. I never knew there was such thing. They sound better than those fag satanic black metal bands.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't even know where to begin ...

Christian black metal is an insult to that which black metal is built upon. Sure, they can make the sound. But they miss the point, the reason for that sound. Just about all of the defining aspects of black metal, in some way, are meant to say "fuck Christianity." (Either through a message against society, or through the original lyrics that were nearly all anti-Christian.) Unblack metal 1) sounds like absolute fucking shit, with no value or artistic meaning to the music, being nothing but wankery by "badass" Christian dudes, and 2) is entirely hypocritical in its lyrics and themes, playing a style of music that directly opposes and flips off those themes (Christian themes). Though they can't ever truly play the style, as no Christian mind can "truly" comprehend that which is black metal. The mindsets are absolutely opposing. Black metal is in no way compatible with Christianity, that is part of it's beauty.

That about sums it up.

I don't think some of you understand. The reason why unblack metal exsists is because many people who are christian like the Black metal sound. Although, it isn't christian like they like it. Christian metal artitst came up with the idea of taking black metal sound and converting it into something chritians can listen too without the guilt of listening to something satanic. You can have a band that sounds like Bm, but may not sing its ideology. Anyways, who says black metal has a specific sound? Bands may sound like Bm, but may not label themselves as it!:saint:

I don't think some of you understand. The reason why unblack metal exsists is because many people who are christian like the Black metal sound. Although, it isn't christian like they like it. Christian metal artitst came up with the idea of taking black metal sound and converting it into something chritians can listen too without the guilt of listening to something satanic. You can have a band that sounds like Bm, but may not sing its ideology. Anyways, who says black metal has a specific sound? Bands may sound like Bm, but may not label themselves as it!:saint:

omg stop callin it "unblack metal", do you have any idea how stupidly gay it sounds?
call it christian black metal or something....

anyways, i dont even care what those fuckers do, anyone who believes in such a thing as god, has got to have a serious mental problem lol

Sure, they can do it all they want, and it sucks horribly the same. I'm still getting a laugh out of your first "They sound better than those fag satanic black metal bands." :lol:

Yeah Satanism as it is used in BM is NOT just the opposite of Christians worshipping God. It is a denial of any supreme beings and a worshipping of the self. Basically seeing one's self as your own God, so to speak.

Who believes in Satan? Black Metal isn't about literal "Satanism," ever.

Not anyone who is a satanist believes in or worships Satan. But yes, of course some black metal is about what people refer to as "Satan".

I don't think some of you understand. The reason why unblack metal exsists is because many people who are christian like the Black metal sound.

Anyone who listens to metal does not believe in God. :lol: (Joke, quit crying)

christians shouldnt call in unblack or christian black cause it makes little sense they should just call it extreame christian because black is all about BLACK.

Its all about labelling again isnt it, falling into categories. What does a devout christian do then if he likes black metal? Listen to the tracks with no vocals? Bleep out the blasphemy? :heh:Its ironic because the same comparisons could be made in rap/hiphop, there are so many artists in this genre that are christians, or at least great believers in God, and yet the image they portray and probably the language too wouldnt exactly fit in well with the usual christian way of thinking or acting. Interesting subject anyway:)

I don't think "Black" metal is any less black if the lyrical content differs. Hell, most black metal isn't even about satan or any of that crap these days. It's often about nature, despair, humanity, folklore. Should we call those Grey or Brown metal? It gets absurd real fast.

... Why don't you all just listen to the music because it's good? Who cares if it's Unblack Metal, most Unblack Metal I've heard has been really good. I don't care about their religions! That's a bullshit fucking excuse to hate something. If you are a satanist who hates Unblack Metal because it's not TBM, suck it. If you're a Christian who hates Black Metal because it's Satanic, suck it. Listen to the fucking music, and quit fuucking judgeing bands because of religion.

I don't think "Black" metal is any less black if the lyrical content differs. Hell, most black metal isn't even about satan or any of that crap these days. It's often about nature, despair, humanity, folklore. Should we call those Grey or Brown metal? It gets absurd real fast.

Exactly thats how rediculous its getting, the whole thing of it is what its about and what people can relate to, as you say nature humanity etc and thats the great thing because that surpasses all religions, the despair weve all felt and how we can relate through music, lyrics, just the feeling of music. How about pink metal for when were all having a blonde moment?:)

The thing is, Black Metal was never supposed to be strictly satanic. Back when Aarseth was putting Mayhem together, he said as much himself. It was more of an outcry to established religion and a philosophical pursuit. The original names were all about old norse mythology, not satanism. The point wasn't to be all spooky and provocative, it was to tell the christians that they weren't going to be cowed into communion like the rest of the fucking country.

Also, the phrase, "satanic" black metal implies a worship of a specifically christian idiom, rather than just an overarching enemy to an established religion. Dissection, for example, didn't just sing about worshiping satan, it was more than that. Reinkaos incorporated deities from a great number of religions from Ancient Egyptian to Norse. The point is that Black Metal was designed to be a philosophical campaign against an oppressive, decadent faith that had invaded the country hundreds of years ago. Of course, we all know it turned into church burning and murder, but the foundation of Black Metal was never specifically about Satanism. They didn't give a shit who you prayed to, so long as you were honest about the whole deal and didn't fuck with anyone over faith. Christians, however, have spent centuries employing fear tactics and sensationalism to swell their numbers, and people buy in so they can go to heaven. That's not faith, its capitalism, and thats what the original black metalheads were trying to say.

This is my first post by the way. Hi all.

Jesus. Howdy. Nice post. I thought black metal was about getting to dress up like a ghastly drag in leather that doesn't quite fit and tote around daggers and hammers in case you encounter dragons summoned by your dismal production values. That was a joke.

So for clarity, we now have: Tru Norsk Black Metalz, Symphonic Black Metal, White Metal, and Brown Metal?

The thing is, Black Metal was never supposed to be strictly satanic. Back when Aarseth was putting Mayhem together, he said as much himself. It was more of an outcry to established religion and a philosophical pursuit. The original names were all about old norse mythology, not satanism. The point wasn't to be all spooky and provocative, it was to tell the christians that they weren't going to be cowed into communion like the rest of the fucking country.

Also, the phrase, "satanic" black metal implies a worship of a specifically christian idiom, rather than just an overarching enemy to an established religion. Dissection, for example, didn't just sing about worshiping satan, it was more than that. Reinkaos incorporated deities from a great number of religions from Ancient Egyptian to Norse. The point is that Black Metal was designed to be a philosophical campaign against an oppressive, decadent faith that had invaded the country hundreds of years ago. Of course, we all know it turned into church burning and murder, but the foundation of Black Metal was never specifically about Satanism. They didn't give a shit who you prayed to, so long as you were honest about the whole deal and didn't fuck with anyone over faith. Christians, however, have spent centuries employing fear tactics and sensationalism to swell their numbers, and people buy in so they can go to heaven. That's not faith, its capitalism, and thats what the original black metalheads were trying to say.

This is my first post by the way. Hi all.

Hey:) It was a good post, in fact this is a good topic. Christians yes, the true ones do employ fear tactics eg if you arent Christened you will go to hell or such like and they do prey on the weak or people in need to swell their numbers, but you have to look on it with pity not anger, its just a form of brainwashing like anything else, and as long as they enjoy and keep it to themselves its fine, its just when it encrouches on other peoples lives or they try and force it at you it gets a bit much. The thing is I guess to accept people have different beliefs for one reason or another(a lot of people turn to religion after a personal tragedy or bad life experience, maybe for comfort and they are vunerable at the time) and what you see and hear especially in the media is often magnified and distorted. People need to be true to themselves and when they are they can accept other peoples opinions without anger knowing they are not trying to convert them or take them in to some silly religion or cult. I know someone who is a Jehovas Witness and she knows she will never convert me to her way of thinking but we can still communicate. As far as Im concerned their religion is utter nonsense, totally illogical, but we can still talk. Back to music, it has to have feeling behind it, and we are just mere mortals with opinions and thoughts, we are unique so we will never agree on everything, if we did it would be a strange world :)