US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

I was at the Houston concert, as far as the setlist,I think it was in this order :
Oculas ex inferno
Set the world on fire
Domination
Serpents Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Inferno
Sea of Lies
Walls of Babylon
Smoke and Mirrors
Revelations/Divine wings of tragedy(last bit)
Bonus:
Eve and Seduction
Sins and Shadows
NO Egypt or Through the Looking Glass
I was hoping for at least one song from V (Communion and the Oracle, and Rediscovery are two of my favorite songs off any of their albums)

It was my first time seeing Symphony X in concert. First I will say the Sound for symphony X was very bad. I'm not a technician but from what I could tell it seemed is the Bass overpowered everything ...and had horrible echo. So it was hard to hear the singing and the guitars unless the bass was not going. Also the keyboards were very hard to hear at all. They skipped the cool intro for masquerade( my favorite parts of the song). What makes it worse is the fact the bands before, Epica and Into Eternity actually had WAY better sounds then Symphony X. I could hear every guitar riff and scream clearly from them. It didn't effect me to much as I knew every word to every song, and all the instrumental parts, but knowing it could have been so much better made me slightly disappointed. And for my friends who came with me and never really listened to symphony X before, they told me they really couldn't say if they liked them or not because they really couldn't get a feel for what they actually sounded like.

Has anyone else on this tour experienced this? Were you all able to clearly hear the Guitar solos, vocals, and keyboards? I was hoping they would do something to turn down the bass volume or something during the show instead of just ignoring it.

Overall it was very awesome to finally see one of my favorite bands live, and I will eagerly await their return to Houston this time hopefully without the Sound Issues.

I was at the Houston concert, as far as the setlist,I think it was in this order :
Oculas ex inferno
Set the world on fire
Domination
Serpents Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Inferno
Sea of Lies
Walls of Babylon
Smoke and Mirrors
Revelations/Divine wings of tragedy(last bit)
Bonus:
Eve and Seduction
Sins and Shadows
NO Egypt or Through the Looking Glass
I was hoping for at least one song from V (Communion and the Oracle, and Rediscovery are two of my favorite songs off any of their albums)

Geez. I bought tickets to the Houston show but something came up a week beforehand so I missed it :cry:. Anywho, it really doesn't seem like I missed much from when they came by in August, both on the sound issue side and setlist. The only new songs to hear seem to be Masquerade and Revelation. I was crossing my fingers that you wouldn't come out and say "Yes they played TTLG!" which would've made me :erk: but now I'm no longer depressed.

Has anyone else on this tour experienced this? Were you all able to clearly hear the Guitar solos, vocals, and keyboards? I was hoping they would do something to turn down the bass volume or something during the show instead of just ignoring it.

The Sound in San Francisco was amazing except the Keyboard was pretty low in the mix

It was my first time seeing Symphony X in concert. First I will say the Sound for symphony X was very bad. I'm not a technician but from what I could tell it seemed is the Bass overpowered everything ...and had horrible echo. So it was hard to hear the singing and the guitars unless the bass was not going. Also the keyboards were very hard to hear at all. They skipped the cool intro for masquerade( my favorite parts of the song). What makes it worse is the fact the bands before, Epica and Into Eternity actually had WAY better sounds then Symphony X. I could hear every guitar riff and scream clearly from them. It didn't effect me to much as I knew every word to every song, and all the instrumental parts, but knowing it could have been so much better made me slightly disappointed. And for my friends who came with me and never really listened to symphony X before, they told me they really couldn't say if they liked them or not because they really couldn't get a feel for what they actually sounded like.

Overall it was very awesome to finally see one of my favorite bands live, and I will eagerly await their return to Houston this time hopefully without the Sound Issues.

Yeah, the sound at Mokena was primarily bass...however, we were standing in front of Lepond, and the Pearl Room's sound guys were having a very "off" night (that's me being nice). But I could finally hear the keyboard at a SX show, so I was happy. It was an interesting sound mix. The bass and drum groove-SX.

Sad to hear that they've been playing TTLG and even Egypt less and less. Are they shortening the set?

The sound at the Cleveland show was awsome. Way better then last year at same venue. The guitar was the only thing that could have been a little louder. A friend of mine from work came with us and he is about 48 years old and he said it was the best sounding concert he had ever been too. Ditto on the bass. The overall sound was not as loud as last time, but it was way better in the balance department. My ears barely rang afterward.

That's really too bad about the sound man. It's gotta be the venue though, because they sounded crystal clear at the Boston show. Probably the best sounding concert I've been to. Hearing Mike solo live (with great sound) is just surreal.

this may have been discussed already, if it has, I am sorry

how much are the tshirts going for at the shows? Any long sleeves? Anything else they are selling??

thanks in advance!:kickass:

I think they are out with the following shirts...but I could be wrong:
Odyssey tee
V tee
Paradise Lost Cover Tee
Oculus Tee
Angel and Logo Tee
Logo baseball shirt
perhaps there are still longsleeve tribal logo shirts
may still be Paradise Lost zippered hoodies
and a couple of girlie tees.

Have seen prices of $25 mentioned earlier in the thread for Odyssey tees.

Hope this helps. Oh and if you see something on either one of the SymX merch pages, let me know. I can always bring it down with me to the show in Charlotte.

Glenn

dragging ass at work on 5 hours sleep but the show last ngiht in Lauderdale ruled

As far as I could tell the mix was pretty cool???

The guys tore it UP and it was beautiful to see the place full of SYMPH X fans - after two misses in south florida (BG tour back for Odessey and the rain out from Gigantour), it was great to have them in our own neighborhood. And being the headliner.

I tried taking some pics (I was up in the balcony) and they came out 'meehh' but I will try and post some

Russell made a comment near the end of their set about a bartender asking them 'So I guess there aren't going to be any YOUNG people here tonight huh? aren't you guys a classic rock band?'

Then starts laughing, looks over at Romeo and they proceed to launch into the first part of Immigrant Song by Zepp - it was SO badass!!
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

[they only did that first part though]

New to the board, but a fan of the band for several years now. Saw them on Gigantour in NH a few years back. Power went out and cut their stagetime. Going to see them in ATL tomorrow night! I'll be the Army-looking guy in a Manowar shirt.

Cheers.

Bill

Just saw them at the St.Pete show. Fucking Amazing. Slight disappointed that they didn't play Looking Glass (or Egypt for that matter) but it wasn't really that big of a deal.

The Setlist Was:

Oculus Ex Inferni
Set The World on Fire
Domination
Serpent's Kiss
Masquerade
Paradise Lost
Walls of Babylon
Inferno
Smoke and Mirrors
Sea of Lies
Revelation/Divine Wings part VII

Encore:
Eve of Seduction
Of Sins and Shadows

Best songs of the night had to be Paradise Lost, Walls of Babylon and Revelation/Divine Wings!

I was planning some months ago to go to the Atlanta show. For the first time I really thought I was going to be able to make a SyX show. As the date got closer I soon realized that the show was right at the end of my last semester of college. I had waaay too much going on with final tests and papers and will not make it to the show once again. This is the story of my life. Maybe they should just come straight to my little Florida town... :p

I think they are out with the following shirts...but I could be wrong:
Odyssey tee
V tee
Paradise Lost Cover Tee
Oculus Tee
Angel and Logo Tee
Logo baseball shirt
perhaps there are still longsleeve tribal logo shirts
may still be Paradise Lost zippered hoodies
and a couple of girlie tees.

Have seen prices of $25 mentioned earlier in the thread for Odyssey tees.

Hope this helps. Oh and if you see something on either one of the SymX merch pages, let me know. I can always bring it down with me to the show in Charlotte.

Glenn

if they still have the tribal longsleeve, I want one of those in XL, if not, I will pick up something else. :headbang: See you in Charlotte!