US 2008 Paradise Lost Tour

I was at the Atlanta show last night

I saw yourinnerfear.....I know what mask you're talking about now...I saw you got it signed by the band at the end of the show. You were going crazy, that was cool he kept singing to you. Btw you were pretty hot haha :heh:

Anyways, back to the show.....here's my review:

I asked my dad to go with me since Symphony X doesn't scream (he hates harsh vocals) and I figured he'd like em, plus I just wanted to show him what a metal show is like. We both love music, but he likes the total opposite of what I do.

Anways, got there around 7 and got in. I got a SX shirt and went to the stage. It took forever for the show to start. Saw my friend from church and was talking to him for awhile, then FINALLY Into Eternity comes on at 8. Don't know why it took them so long.

Into Eternity:

Started off with a new song, then went into Severe Emotional Distress. A lot of people say they are hit and miss live but tonight they were pretty good. I could hear most of the solos and his voice was really good for the most part. The only thing that was kinda weird is when he tried to sing the old songs. It sounded good, but off a little. But hearing Splintered Visions was awesome live. He nailed the solo in the beginning. They didn't play Spiraling into Depression for some reason, kinda disappointing, but they ended with Timeless Winter and it was awesome. The crowd wasn't that into em but enough for them opening I guess.

7/10

Epica:

Ok I will admit I'm not the biggest Epica and they bore me. But last night they surprised me. They are WAY better live IMO. The stand - in vocalist was great and sounded just like Simone. She looks ok too, but not as hot by any means lol. Anyways, they were great. The guitarist/death and black growls could make his own band. He has an awesome black metal scream. They weren't very energetic, but I would definitely get a live album now. My dad said he liked them the best and was very impressed.

7/10

Symphony X:

Ok this is who I came to see so I was very excited. They came out to the intro to Paradise Lost, and went straight into Set the World On Fire, which was awesome live. Everyone was singing along on that one. They played Domination and a few more from the new album, then played Masquerade...at the Masquerade (venue name) haha. That song was way better live than on album. Paradise Lost was very cool live but the PA went out during it there was a buzzing so they stopped and started playing again. They played a few more songs, which were great. Russel's voice was great live, but my only complaint was the bass was too loud. Usually the bass isn't loud enough, but it wasn't the case this time. The good thing was for the most part, you could still hear the keyboards and solos. They also played most of them flawlessly. IMO the highlights were Inferno and Eve of Seduction. They were just amazing live, plus I really like those songs. I got to shake either the keyboardist's or drummer's hand (not sure) so it was cool.

9/10

Overall, great show. Glad my dad went. Maybe now he can appreciate that I like stuff other than "that screaming crap" haha. If you missed this, you missed out. Symphony X was amazing and I hope they come back soon. :headbang:

saw the show in Charlotte, NC last night

all the bands sounded great. Into Eternity was in top form. They sounded awesome, wish they could have played a bit longer, but oh well, they will be back.

Epica. I have only heard a few songs. They were very good. They had a replacement singer. She was very good, and easy on the eyes, lol. Without really knowing any of their songs, they sounded pretty good.

Symphony X came out, and played tight as hell. They were spot on the whole set. I could have stood for another 30 minutes to an hour more of music, :headbang: they were that damn good. This was my first time seeing them live, so I was very very pleased.

Saw the show last night at Jaxx - their last day of the US/North America Tour.

What a friggan incredible show. Being the last day of the tour, both they and Epica was really cutting loose. A friggan food fight dang near broke out on stage with all mannor of shit getting thrown around, everything from inflated condoms to bags of potato chips, to empty drink cups! This was just getting friggan crazy!

And on top of that, after the show was over, I've must've spent nearly an hour just shooting the shit with Russell Allen and a couple of other folks at the bar, right up until they basically kicked us out of the club, only go behind and spend another hours shooting the shit with band members of both Sym X and Epica at the tour buses! I did not get home until 4 in the friggan morning! I don't if Russell will see this, but here goes!

Hey Russsell - Was awesome to get to see you guys and had fun just BSing with you at the bar last night! Hope to see you guys again sometime in the near future! Awesome show!

IMG_2468Medium.jpg

And some random pics I took from the show last night!

IMG_2454Medium.jpg

IMG_2456Medium.jpg

IMG_2461Medium.jpg

IMG_2464Medium.jpg

IMG_2465Medium.jpg

IMG_2467Medium.jpg

Brian and I drove down to VA to catch the show last night (2.5 hours). Symphony X was amazing as usual. I'm just sorry we had to miss their encore because of how late it was and the long drive we had ahead of us. That's very cool that Russ and the others stuck around to chat. It seems like they don't usually do that as much as some other bands do.

I went to the show in Atlanta again this year; they played some different tunes this time, including Eve of Seduction, one of my faves from PL. I had never heard Into Eternity or Epica before; don't like the growling type music a bit. But other than the growling by the guitarist, I really liked Epica. I know it wasn't their regular singer, but she was good and I liked the style of music. Kind of haunting, then really hard. I might consider an album by them in the future. But I came to see SX and only SX. We all stood in back, just like last year; no way could we get closer, but that was okay. A couple of technical glitches, and then what sounded like loss of the key they were supposed to be in, messed up the continuity a little bit, but who cares? They could be playing on wooden drums and plastic guitars and still rock. And Sir Russell Allen RULES the vocal universe. I just got the Star One CD with him as vocalist; OMG, you have GOT to get it. He is so fabulous. My thanks to Glen Fitzgerald for taking care of my SX addiction. I am anxiously awaiting their end of touring so they can take some time off and then put together the next album. It would not be too much for me if they released one every three months. Ha ha! Symphony X is the best band on the planet, bar none. We didn't get The Odyssey for an encore this year in Atlanta like we did last year. YES, they really did do Odyssey for the encore. We freaked OUT!!!!!!! :headbang:

Space Metal is AWESOME

(I had Russell sign my copy at the show last month)

:headbang:

His song off Flight of the Migrator Pt2 'DAWN OF A MILLION SOULS' rocks as well

Star One DVD kicks some serious fucking ass. Russell is a fucking beast on Dawn of a Million Souls and Set Your Controls. Even better IMO is Intergalactic Space Crusaders. Russell and Damian on stage together is something I would love to see with my own eyes. Not to mention throwing in Floor Jansen on background vox, just unreal. Man, really wish shows like that could happen more often.

Star One DVD kicks some serious fucking ass. Russell is a fucking beast on Dawn of a Million Souls and Set Your Controls. Even better IMO is Intergalactic Space Crusaders. Russell and Damian on stage together is something I would love to see with my own eyes. Not to mention throwing in Floor Jansen on background vox, just unreal. Man, really wish shows like that could happen more often.

x 2!!