Velvet Cacoon - dead!

i was wondering why nobody mentioned it here til today... figured you guys just didn't give a fuck!

well, in good RC fashion, the thread quickly (d?)evolved into a discussion of psychoactive and dissociative drugs!

Demilich said:
why do ecoterrorists use guitars that burn diesel fuel?
Diesel is actually extremely clean burning and efficient when compared to regular ol' gasoline. I suppose they should be using solar shitz, but who cares, these dude&chick are idiots anyhow.

Tully, smoke better weed and you won't get paranoid. Works for me.

I've never heard of half these drugs you fagz are on about, I need to take some though. :tickled:

Marksveld said:
Oh any by the way, I just heard from my drummer that there are rumours of At the Gates getting back together. Apparently their status is now "active" and the Bjorler brothers mentioned something in an interview. Sounds like total hogwash to me, but hey, it could happen...
)("¤()"/(#/)#/)(!)(#/ Wherever they play I'm seeing them

...and damn them to all hell if they play 90% stuff from Slaughter... I want "Windows" and so forth

At the Gates are wicked cool live! Fuck Boris saying that their stuff is un-headbangable. They play a fair share of pre-Slaughter stuff, but not nearly enough.

At the Gates live = :kickass:

You'd think maybe now that they return they might want to have a more varied setlist compared to in '95-'96 when they were effectively touring for "Slaughter"... Hopefully.

Well, Slaughter does stand as their best known release, and by far the most popular. And if they follow in the footsteps of most of the other better known Gothenberg bands (In Flames, Soilwork, The Haunted), they'll probably rely mostly on Slaughter songs.

THREAD: Dude, I would never have thought that you were all such junkies. Is it only in Sweden that it's actually considered strange and abnormal to be using any illicit substances?

When I saw At the Gates I don't really remember what material they played because it was on the Slaughter tour and they were still very new to me. I do remember they totally rocked though.
Erik said:
THREAD: Dude, I would never have thought that you were all such junkies. Is it only in Sweden that it's actually considered strange and abnormal to be using any illicit substances?
Dude, it's sex, drugs, and rock n' roll. :cool:

Marksveld said:
Oh any by the way, I just heard from my drummer that there are rumours of At the Gates getting back together. Apparently their status is now "active" and the Bjorler brothers mentioned something in an interview. Sounds like total hogwash to me, but hey, it could happen...

Yea they have already lined up tour dates apparently or are in the process of doing so (one or the the other). As for getting back together as a band... I dont know, I think they're just doing reunion shows.

Erik said:

I was fuckin surprised too! Doomie and Max didn't seem like the type!

JayKeeley said:
...I heard that masterful VC MP3, bought album (which took 4 weeks to deliver from Full Moon Productions) and of course in that timeframe, all the GMD gromits had decided that it wasn't very good blah blah...

Yeah I found prety much the same thing happened. Anyhoo I like it, the songs are far more cool and interesting than some people would have you believe and the guitar tone is deeeeeep.

Crimson Velvet said:
Well, Slaughter does stand as their best known release, and by far the most popular. And if they follow in the footsteps of most of the other better known Gothenberg bands (In Flames, Soilwork, The Haunted), they'll probably rely mostly on Slaughter songs.

Well I like SotS more than most, so add a few Terminal.. tracks and I'm there.

Wow I didnt read this whole thread till just now. Its pretty rare to find intelligent drug conversations on the RC too. As far as DXM goes, use dexalin. Dexalin is 30 mg of DXM and thats it, no other bullshit drugs. People have already mentioned all the other bullshit involved with coricidin use and such. It has been repeated but DXM is a fucking incredible drug. The most intense experience I had with it was last year, I ingested 1750 mg. I was hallucinating and basically cataonic for about 3 days. My metabolism is quite fucked up so the chemicals take longer to break down and react. Anyway, I just thought was nice to see so many (marksveld, doomcifer, etc) who are knowledged in this area, as most people I meet who use any drugs at all are complete idiots.

Erik said:
It's not here either, it's just that you and me and most of the people we know are white