Velvet Cacoon - dead!

En Vind Av Sorg said:
Wow I didnt read this whole thread till just now. Its pretty rare to find intelligent drug conversations on the RC too. As far as DXM goes, use dexalin. Dexalin is 30 mg of DXM and thats it, no other bullshit drugs. People have already mentioned all the other bullshit involved with coricidin use and such. It has been repeated but DXM is a fucking incredible drug. The most intense experience I had with it was last year, I ingested 1750 mg. I was hallucinating and basically cataonic for about 3 days. My metabolism is quite fucked up so the chemicals take longer to break down and react. Anyway, I just thought was nice to see so many (marksveld, doomcifer, etc) who are knowledged in this area, as most people I meet who use any drugs at all are complete idiots.

1750? Jesus fucking christ, that is a HUGE dose. And on the subject of salvia... people who say it doesn't work are idiots that are doing it wrong. Salvia, like other drugs, loses its potency over time. Usually what people get is like just regular old leaf that has been sitting around for months. If you want the TRUE salvia experience, you have to get very fresh leaf or get an extract. Extract is basically just concentrated salvia, and it is extremely effective from what I hear. Once again, this is definitely not a recreational drug. It will take you out of your body and mind for 15 minutes, something that is completely magical. Get a 2x,5x, or even maybe a 10x extract, find a very safe and calm place, get a friend to watch over you, and try this. Totally life-altering...

My best friend was trying to explain how shrooms alter your perception and change your life, and it was obvious that it couldn't be conveyed adequately using words. I'll try these things sometime when I live on my own or with friends I trust, maybe! MAYBE!

Demilich said:
My best friend was trying to explain how shrooms alter your perception and change your life, and it was obvious that it couldn't be conveyed adequately using words. I'll try these things sometime when I live on my own or with friends I trust, maybe! MAYBE!

I've tried it once and it was very cool, I got some really weird optical hallucinations: I was looking out over a large cluster of firs and each of them had a shining soap bubble at the top :)
It was almost like being drunk but without losing much controll of your body. Though it's pretty dangerous, or so I've heard, anyone who knows more?

spaffe said:
I've tried it once and it was very cool, I got some really weird optical hallucinations: I was looking out over a large cluster of firs and each of them had a shining soap bubble at the top :)
It was almost like being drunk but without losing much controll of your body. Though it's pretty dangerous, or so I've heard, anyone who knows more?

I tried shrooms once while already a bit drunk (5-6 beers) and stoned, but it was only a VERY small amount (1 gram, thereabouts), so it was just like being REALLY, REALLY drunk and stoned, but I still had good control of myself and everything. It was fun, too bad the girl didn't have more than 1 gram for each of us.

Usually a standard shroom dose is 2 grams to about 1/8 (of an ounce). I myself haven't actually tried them, but since it is now Spring (growing season) I would like to give them a shot if they become available. I'm usually hesitant to talk about my drug use because most people automatically assume that it's due to a lack or self respect or something like that. Take it from me, I'm no junkie- and as far as I can tell, neither are the rest of you. People usually say "Oh, I don't need drugs to have fun" - neither do I! The way I see it, drugs are something that allow you to experience things that you would NEVER be able to experience without them. As long as anything is done responsibly and in moderation, I see no harm. All of these fools who abuse drugs and have a total lack of common-sense and responsibilty can fuck right off.

[/rant]

anything can be done to excess. I probably smoked hashish and pot for about five or six years and probably did lsd on a casual basis for several of those, maybe all told about fifty times. I never once became mentally dependent on acid unt2SGGS walls meltingggg rubber doily y33333ellow matter custard like some people @F5g#))))

cocaine on the other hand....the first time I tried it I sensed how it grabs ahold of your greed, you just want more and more.

MajestikMøøse said:
didn't you swear an oath to never return?

Catfish said:
Was that my fault?

MajestikMøøse said:
If my memory serves me correctly: yes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It was mainly the whole aura of the place... can any of you remember a thread that didn't devolve into idiocy such as "WHAT IS BLACK METAL" and "emporer rulse" "no emperoer sukks! faggot"?

I remember getting into conflicts with nick, Henrik Main, IoftheStorm and many others. Good thing those guys are all gone... Oh, wait. ;)

Anyway, I don't have a problem with you posting here. Like HM and IotS, you actually have coherent, thoughtful opinions... And where would our forum be without our own Brandon Boyd and resident Greek?

Black Winter Day said:
Anyway, I don't have a problem with you posting here. Like HM and IotS, you actually have coherent, thoughtful opinions... And where would our forum be without our own Brandon Boyd and resident Greek?

:lol: Thanks, though.

lizard said:
cocaine on the other hand....the first time I tried it I sensed how it grabs ahold of your greed, you just want more and more.

I've heard the same. I haven't done coke, nor do I really want to... but I've seen strong people do it many a time and basically after the first or second line they have the stuff put away so it isn't available to them anymore.

Chromatose said:
olney's lesions
William E. White retracted "This is Your Brain on Dissociatives: The Bad News is Finally In", his paper linking DXM to Olney's lesions, last year. We don't know whether or not DXM causes Olney's lesions, but that obviously doesn't mean that we know it's safe.

Paper: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml
Rebuttal (Cliff Anderson): http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health2.shtml
Retraction: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health3.shtml

grazim said:
William E. White retracted "This is Your Brain on Dissociatives: The Bad News is Finally In", his paper linking DXM to Olney's lesions, last year. We don't know whether or not DXM causes Olney's lesions, but that obviously doesn't mean that we know it's safe.

Paper: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health1.shtml
Rebuttal (Cliff Anderson): http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health2.shtml
Retraction: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dxm/dxm_health3.shtml

interesting, thanks for the links, its been a while since I've done any research on the subject, so I've missed out on the latest happenings.

of course he does say

"Having reviewed the risks of dissociative use, what is known of those risks, and the reports -- worthless for drawing conclusions, yet still interesting -- from people claiming to suffer long-term impairment from dissociatives, I would not use dissociatives at high doses for extended periods of time, and I think people would do best to avoid frequent or heavy use of dissociatives entirely. Whether due to NAN or not, I find it plausible that impairment due to dissociative use may reappear, or only become apparent, many years after use, i.e., after gradual age-related neuron loss"

which as far as I thought, olney's lesions only came about from "high does for extended periods of time.../...frequent or heavy use", so the danger stance I would say is about the same, based on his words at least (which is all anyone had to go on anyway, scientific research-wise anyway...)

But then this stance should be a wise choice for just about anything, due to anyone with experience will know heavy use of anything can cause damage, because even without "physical damage" there is the lasting psychological damage, which imo is still an indication of a physical change in brain chemistry.