Vice President Palin?

Okay seriously you can't blame him for going the T and A route. Like Andy said she has some major milf qualities (I know this pic is old).

sabine5.jpg

Not her dude...That's the overstock chick. I thought the same, but it's definitely not her.

Hot though...:kickass:

-Joe

i heard something a little crazy today...i was talking to this woman last night about the election....she was a white lady a bit older than me and we were watching John McCain speak. i asked her who she was voting for....like i didnt know.....but she said for McCain and she goes on to say that, her and her husband just bought a $230,000.00 home and she doesnt want her taxes to go up because it's her money and that people on walfare dont deserve more help...they should get out a get jobs. and i agree that they should get jobs....BUT, sometimes people fall on hard times and need a little help. walefare should not be something you LIVE off of but it should be something to help you get back on track. i think the rich want McCain in office cause it will help them keep their way of living.
I love it when are social structure is broken down to the 2 groups: "go- getters" and 'lazy bastards." 41% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Note that that means that they are working but are scraping by. Besides last time I checked, neither candidate was advocating more welfare. The bottom line is that the wealthy will hardly notice a tax increase.

FYI
http://polecolaw.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-much-does-welfare-cost.html
"For every one of your tax dollars to the Federal Government, about 7.5 cents goes to these programs. I hate to use averages, but the average taxpayer had a tax rate of 12.45% in 2005 (the latest data available here), so if we multiply things out we see that about 0.93% of the average taxpayer’s income went to non-medical “welfare”."
I haven't run the numbers on what percentage of our tax dollars goes to the $2billion a week Iraq war.

I love it when are social structure is broken down to the 2 groups: "go- getters" and 'lazy bastards." 41% of Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Note that that means that they are working but are scraping by. Besides last time I checked, neither candidate was advocating more welfare. The bottom line is that the wealthy will hardly notice a tax increase.

FYI

I haven't run the numbers on what percentage of our tax dollars goes to the $2billion a week Iraq war.

you are right, but thats what the rich think.....come on....you got this "community organizer" wanting to tax the rich and give the less fortunate tax breaks to even up the playing field and the rich get scared. you're right they wont feel the taxes they pay but damit.....they wont have their money helping the poor.

she doesnt want her taxes to go up because it's her money and that people on walfare dont deserve more help...they should get out a get jobs. and i agree that they should get jobs....BUT, sometimes people fall on hard times and need a little help. walefare should not be something you LIVE off of but it should be something to help you get back on track.

that's total bullshit...traditional "welfare" - as it paying people for not having a job - was put to an end by bill clinton. some states still have state-sponsored welfare programs, but they were funded mainly by the federal gov't...so even if you qualify, guess what? there's no money there.

really all "welfare" nowadays is in the form of WIC, food stamps, housing assistance, and medicare...none of which involve the government giving people money to be lazy. that was the case in the 80's and shit, but not anymore...but again, rich people couldn't give a fuck, so they have no idea.

Speaking of food stamps (I work at a grocery store), you would be surprised how many retarded people are out there who come through the line and use their food stamps card to buy nothing but ice cream, candy, and fatty snacks...

you are right, but thats what the rich think.....come on....you got this "community organizer" wanting to tax the rich and give the less fortunate tax breaks to even up the playing field and the rich get scared. you're right they wont feel the taxes they pay but damit.....they wont have their money helping the poor.

Sure. Almost everyone looks out for their own self interest b/c it's natural. What drives me nuts is when people latch onto the rhetoric w/o any understanding of actual facts. That is part of why I've tried to provide sources that back the things I've said in this thread.

For example, I didn't know how the tax plans compared until someone here said that Obama was going to tax us all. I went and read some articles and then posted that chart that showed the opposite. I think it is really important to be able to qualify this information rather than getting hung up on things other people tell you. That sort of mentality is why some people still think Obama is Muslim.

All of that said, John Edwards fathered Bristol Palin's baby. pass it on.

. What drives me nuts is when people latch onto the rhetoric w/o any understanding of actual facts. That is part of why I've tried to provide sources that back the things I've said in this thread.

That sort of mentality is why some people still think Obama is Muslim. All of that said, John Edwards fathered Bristol Palin's baby. pass it on.

Thats fucking crazy.....i was gonna say the same thing in a response when reading halfway through your post

i'm not really into the whole ultra conservative nazi shit but then again i am not into the whole total bleeding heart liberal thing either i like to consider myself moderate. i wish there were more moderate politicians. will never happen.

at the end of the day they are all assholes if you ask me. it's hard to choose because for me i don't have a "defined" set of stances on the issues which divide left and right. my views on family values as well as foreign policy differ so it's like either way republicans and democrats don't even 50% accommodate my personal beliefs. i have no clue who i'm going to vote for.

like jeff said, her super conservative, and rather reckless views on things as well as her "gi joe" image with the hunting and war bird mentality really scare me but goddamn she must have a nice snatch.

on edit: not to mention lips reserved for, well, use your imagination. she looks like a milfy version of britney spears if she keeps herself in good shape 15 years from now.

I completely understand that when a political figure (from any faith or country) makes a statement that in any way involves God's will, it is cause for immediate controversy, because there are obviously billions of other people in the country and in the rest of the world who either:

-don't believe that God exists, or

-believe in God, but believe that God is different than the God that the politician has spoken of

Either way, the mention of God's will can potentially become an offensive gesture towards a large majority of people, and this is absolutely what the writers of the First Amendment had in mind. Does this mean that anyone who believes in God should be banned from running for office? No, I don't think that's the proper way to interpret the First Amendment. Does this mean that someone who holds a political office- who also believes in God -should be banned from talking about their faith while they are in office? I don't think that's correct, either. What I do think, is that if someone who believes in God (be it the Christian idea of God, the Muslim idea of God, the Buddhist idea of God, or of course any other idea of God) holds a political office, they need to be much more careful about what they say in terms of God's supposed involvement in their decisions and in their policy choices.
When it comes to what Palin had to say at the church meeting (I watched the video), I don't think she was trying to make a claim that the Iraq war is a "task from God". I can see why someone would think that, but I watched that portion several times to try to interpret her correctly. After she reveals that her son is in the military, she makes an appeal to the audience, asking for their prayers. She says (with sub-perfect, on-the-fly sentence structure):

...pray for our military men and women, who are striving to do what is right also for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for- that there IS a plan, and that that plan is God's plan.

Read it this way:

...pray:

-for our military men and women, who are striving to do what is right also for this country

-that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending them out on a task that is from God

Once you read it that way, especially in conjunction with the sentence that follows, it is obvious to me that she has not stated whether or not she believes the Iraq war is God's will, and she is simply asking Christians to pray for the country's leaders, that God would essentially guide their decision making. Is it offensive to anyone else's idea of God to ask for prayers that God's will be done? I think it's safe to say that any member of any faith would desire to see their God's will be done.
That leaves those who don't believe in any God at all. There are plenty of you on these boards, so I might as well pose the question- is it offensive to you for someone to pray or request prayers to a God who you believe doesn't even exist? I mean, in your view, isn't a prayer just empty and utterly meaningless, like wishing upon a star? Do you think it's somehow despicable on a deeper level (or just merely stupid and wishful) if a politician prays for advice from a God whom in your view is no more real than the tooth fairy? Do you think that when someone prays, that the prayer has still somehow had an effect on their choices, although there wasn't actually any kind of divine response to make them feel one way or another? Does the prayer just make a person feel like they're being wise, although they're just going to do what they feel they should do anyhow?
Anyway, I don't mean to go insane with the questions, but I think they are all pertinent questions that very much relate to the issue at hand. Although I'm a protestant Christian, this is the first time in over two and a half years of being on this board that I've become involved with any kind of discussion that involves God or religion or whatever. The main reason I'm here is to talk about recording and to learn how to win a Grammy with Andy's C4 settings, and I don't want to step on anyone's toes... I'm just trying to have a good-spirited and open discussion, so hopefully you've all taken my words well! :headbang:

Speaking of food stamps (I work at a grocery store), you would be surprised how many retarded people are out there who come through the line and use their food stamps card to buy nothing but ice cream, candy, and fatty snacks...

I worked at one too, you'd think people with little money would buy the essentials, but most of them buy absolute shit.

Prayer doesn't really strike me as anything, the problem I have is that it approaches establishment of religion. A politician can believe in whatever sky-daddy s/he wants, but when their beliefs put other things at risk (her censorship attempt, wanting ID taught alongside evolution, et cetera) for religious reasons there's something wrong.

Jeff