Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Have been playing Lord of The Rings Online: The Shadow of Angmar, the last couple of weeks. I have played quite a few MMO's and I am really loving this one. Tons of fun. Perhaps too fun. I have logged over 4 days of actual play time so far.
I've heard about this, but I haven't gotten around to playing it.
I do believe spore has pushed back to 2008 or even 2009 now
Damnit!

after countless times pressing space, c, e, d, s, f, and tab I have finally finished oblivion (well except the thief guild and the dark brotherhood quests but I can't be bothered) and I'm out of games to play again, SUCKS.

after countless times pressing space, c, e, d, s, f, and tab I have finally finished oblivion (well except the thief guild and the dark brotherhood quests but I can't be bothered) and I'm out of games to play again, SUCKS.

that game was so damn buggy and not very entertaining at all after a while

Morrowind with the Oblivion engine would have been the shit! (if they worked their asses off on smoothing out the gameplay)

that game was so damn buggy and not very entertaining at all after a while

Morrowind with the Oblivion engine would have been the shit! (if they worked their asses off on smoothing out the gameplay)

Haven't played much of morrowind, bought it for my stepfather but never got the hang of it myself (fukkin xbox controls), but I guess if it's better than oblivion it might be THE game for next week!

I'm talking PC versions in both cases. For all I know, the 360 version of Oblivion (or whatever console its on) could be a lot more refined than the PC version.

I had a lot of fun with it, don't get me wrong, but it was lacking.

Morrowind is great! Still a beautiful looking game considering it's a bit dated. I've played through it a couple of times.

The whole deal with the enemies leveling up with your character pissed me off so much.

That is the lamest idea EVAR!

It's necessary to keep the game as non-linear as it is; you still get the advantage of skill and stat boosts and better equipment, so it does get easier to mash rats and the like anyway.

I found the game too easy because of that. Although the story and game play were fun, if it weren't to easy to kill all the people I probably would have played it longer. I did put in some 70 hrs though.

i gave all my PS2 games to my cousin's kids after my PS2 crashed.

the wife is getting me a new console for Xmas/birthday this december. what console is currently the best? I hear tons of praise for Xbox360 and Halo. Is that the way to go?

Im totally out of the loop on these things.

Halo=Most overrated game franchise in history.

That being said. The 360 has some pretty cool games and there are alot of games that look interesting slated for release in the future.

I made a list of upcoming games worth playing on the 360 that I am gonna get. I've modified my 360 to play backups.

Alan Wake
Assassin's Creed
Army of Two
Banjo-Kazooie
Battlefield: Bad Company
Blacksite: Area 51
Blue Dragon
Bioshock
Fable 2
Frontlines: Fuel of War
Grand Theft Auto IV
Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Mass Effect
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Sega Rally
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Stranglehold
Warhound

I'm pumped for most of those too.

so far I have Some tom clancy game that came with it that doesn't work, Viva Pinata, Gears of war, Rainbow Six Vegas (AWESOME), Crackdown, Forza 2 Motorsport and tenchu z

Video games and the consoles on which they are played are ridiculously expensive. I dont know how you guys can afford this shit, and I'm making $80,000 a year.