Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

ahh, how I miss those days. Seriously. I'd much rather be a sophomore in college right now, making $8 an hour at the grocery store. School is awesome, folks, stay in as long as possible.

Definitely get Castlevania Dawn of sorrow (if you really like Castlevania you can get the second one too, portrait of ruin, i'm playing that one now). Dawn has the same vintage gameplay that made sotn so good. Mario and Lugi's partners in time was fun, It's an action rpg of sorts. The new Yoshi's island got good reviews but i never played it. There is also a game called lunar knights that seems to get good reviews everywhere. It's an action adventure/anime sort of thing.

If you like strat rpg's there's one coming in August ( you're in Japan so maybe it's out already ), Luminous arch. My most anticipated title for ds would be final fantasy tactics A2. It's supposed to be coming out in the fall in Japan, so look into that. So i guess thats one plus of being in Japan huh :cool:

i like first person shooters. what PC games should i get to play on my new computer? ive always had a console, never played pc games.

also, do i need to get a "joystick" or hand held controller? i hate using a keyboard for gameplay controls

I'm not that familiar with the newest fps's but here are some i always hear mentioned: Far cry, f.e.a.r, call of duty, half life 2 (which i have played, it's cool), return to castle wolfenstein, doom 3. Do you know if your new computer has a decent video card, because some of the above need one to really run good. As for the joystick/game controller, i don't know. I've always used a keyboard mouse combination, you just have to get used to it.

I'll get a new computer pretty soon but I haven't kept up with the gaming world for years so I need some help: are there any really good RPG:s on the way, or are there already some new ones out there? Anything else in particular that I should keep my eyes out for?

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is excellent, Fallout III is coming very soon and a new Elder Scrolls is also on the way I think.

Cool, I'll look into Elder Scrolls. I'm really looking forward to Fallout III, but I think Nico is right about the date; it's due fall 2008 according to a trailer I saw. However I think it looks pretty promising juding by screenshots and trailers http://www.fz.se/bilder/_img.php?m=0&i=44828

i like first person shooters. what PC games should i get to play on my new computer? ive always had a console, never played pc games.

also, do i need to get a "joystick" or hand held controller? i hate using a keyboard for gameplay controls

NO!

Learn the keyboard and mouse. It is far superior to any gamepad you could ever use. You will be glad you took the time to get used to it.

If you like FPS I suggest F.E.A.R, Half Life 2, Prey, Rainbow Six:Las Vegas.

I also suggest Condemned:Criminal Origins. It is in the first person perspective and is creepy and shit. The atmosphere is intense. Play it as night, and you will have a great gaming experience. Prepare to be tense and nervous the entire time however!

Cool, I'll look into Elder Scrolls. I'm really looking forward to Fallout III, but I think Nico is right about the date; it's due fall 2008 according to a trailer I saw. However I think it looks pretty promising juding by screenshots and trailers http://www.fz.se/bilder/_img.php?m=0&i=44828
OK, I surrender about the date but in my mind it's been SOON!!!1 since Fallout II was released... Does anyone know anything about the storyline? My wet dreams start this one in a european wasteland and start all over, but that's not gonna be it...

EDIT: //Hell Mike

NO!

Learn the keyboard and mouse. It is far superior to any gamepad you could ever use. You will be glad you took the time to get used to it.

Quoted for truth. Trust me, you'll go back to your console FPS games after mastering the keyboard and mouse combo and wonder how you ever managed to cope.

I second the recommendations of F.E.A.R. and Half-Life 2 as well - both games have taken weeks of my life.

haven't owned a console since the Sega Genesis or bought any PC games ... but I am seriously considering a Wii ... just for the physical interaction required

do I fit into Nintendo's intended core audience? :loco:

OK, I surrender about the date but in my mind it's been SOON!!!1 since Fallout II was released... Does anyone know anything about the storyline? My wet dreams start this one in a european wasteland and start all over, but that's not gonna be it...

EDIT: //Hell Mike

"The game will be set 30 years after Fallout 2 and will be set near Washington DC. The game will feature multiple endings as well, but there will only be around 20 hours gameplay."

This is what concerns me.

"The game will be set 30 years after Fallout 2 and will be set near Washington DC. The game will feature multiple endings as well, but there will only be around 20 hours gameplay."

This is what concerns me.
Not a problem if it has the replayability it should, then you could easily double that at least... But then again, it would be better to have twice that to double.
haven't owned a console since the Sega Genesis or bought any PC games ... but I am seriously considering a Wii ... just for the physical interaction required

do I fit into Nintendo's intended core audience? :loco:
Actually you do if you get a few kids aged 7-15 or so, the wii is intended to be a family machine and not a solitary pimply teen thing