Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Yeah... With sports games, I can play the sports I suck hard at with precision!

Gonna pick up NHL08 tomorrow. Hopefully the fighting system has gotten a nice overhaul again, as to where I can attempt to stick my skates in the other players asshole.

If the fighting engine sucks, which is has since oh, 1993, then I'll throw it against the wall.
I bought NHL2K7 last year and was sorely disappointed. Not only would it avoid enforcer v enforcer fights but it would try to make my star players fight with like 5 minutes left in a game, especially when I was losing and needed them on the ice.

Haha, yeah.

Really hope it has some sort of Selective fighting. You know, so when I'm up 6-0, I can start a few brawls, one after the other.

That's the other thing. The games I've played over the past few years have had some wierd fight limit of three per game. Not three per player - three TOTAL. After three fights, I'd be slashing people in the face - NO FIGHTS! In NHL 1991, you could brawl after whistles, between periods, it ruled!!

The Wii is a fucking great system. Cheers to Nintendo for having such an excellent idea. I've been playing the latest Legend of Zelda (Twilight Princess it is called), and I must say that it is a worthy followup to the N64 classic. Fantastic game all around, beautifully done.

Next on my list:

Halo 3 (of course) < can't fucking wait to play this
Super Paper Mario
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption < it's going to be great
Resident Evil 4 (Wii)

The game that will be the end of gaming as we know it : Grand Theft Auto 4. I mean COME ON! Just look at the screenshots for this baby and then try to tell me that it will suck. GTA3 was so revolutionary when it came out, and it is still an almost perfect game. Imagine what GTA4 will be like 5 or 6 years down the road with PS3/Xbox360 technology. It's going to be something for the books.

Holy fuck, that part where you first encounter the plant/tree mask wearing Houdini Splicers and he's like right fucking behind you standing still. Shit my pants, I swear.

creepiest moment? When I entered the morgue (I only got inside the morgue the second time I played the game, the first time I literally forgot to get there). You walk down a stair and you notice the entire place is flooded. As you get near the water, you see a corpse floating right to you. Then as you walk on the flooded floor towards the autopsy room, you can see the shadow of a splicer whispering creepy stuff. But, you don't directly see him because there's a wall blocking the view. As you get closer, you see he notices you, his shadow disappears and all the lights turn off. YOU DON'T SEE SHIT. Holy crap I ran away like hell, only to get jumped by that same splicer who hid in a corpse closet.

creepiest moment? When I entered the morgue (I only got inside the morgue the second time I played the game, the first time I literally forgot to get there). You walk down a stair and you notice the entire place is flooded. As you get near the water, you see a corpse floating right to you. Then as you walk on the flooded floor towards the autopsy room, you can see the shadow of a splicer whispering creepy stuff. But, you don't directly see him because there's a wall blocking the view. As you get closer, you see he notices you, his shadow disappears and all the lights turn off. YOU DON'T SEE SHIT. Holy crap I ran away like hell, only to get jumped by that same splicer who hid in a corpse closet.

its the moments like this that make Bioshock game of the year. I still haven't tried Halo 3 yet, though.

halo 3 campaign is a lot of fun, but short. The multiplayer aspect is godly though. Sandtrap and valhalla are amazing maps. Too bad I have no time to play these days with all these exams. My only complaint are the freaking playlists. If you really like a map or game mode, you can't filter the matchmaking function to get that specific setting.

Beat Bioshock last week. Really good game, too bad there's no multiplayer. Still playing Team Fortress 2 as well, love it.

its the moments like this that make Bioshock game of the year.
Actually I don't think it's all that fun. Scary as living hell, has me changing my boxers every fifteen minutes, and it just might be that I suck at it and keep dying and/or running out of ammo because the damn things just don't want to die sometimes, but it's not that fun really imho.

Beat Bioshock last week. Really good game, too bad there's no multiplayer. Still playing Team Fortress 2 as well, love it.

Yeah, Team Fortress 2 is great. Though, I'm still not sure if it is worth several year wait.

As for bioshock. Still my game of the year at this point. Granted it wasn't perfect (as a huge fan of System Shock, and System Shock 2, there were several aspects missing that pissed me off), but it was a alot better than most of the trash excuses for FPS released these days. I don't consider the game scary at all though... might be because I'm used to the more Silent Hill type of scary, which is a lot more psychological, so the cheap thrills that I've been worn out on with Resident Evil and the like, years ago, don't effect me.

Awesome story though. "Would you KINDLY get stepped on by a Big Daddy".

Yeah, Team Fortress 2 is great. Though, I'm still not sure if it is worth several year wait.

As for bioshock. Still my game of the year at this point. Granted it wasn't perfect (as a huge fan of System Shock, and System Shock 2, there were several aspects missing that pissed me off), but it was a alot better than most of the trash excuses for FPS released these days. I don't consider the game scary at all though... might be because I'm used to the more Silent Hill type of scary, which is a lot more psychological, so the cheap thrills that I've been worn out on with Resident Evil and the like, years ago, don't effect me.

Awesome story though. "Would you KINDLY get stepped on by a Big Daddy".

dude, I never saw that punch coming. Best punch ever. Better than in most movies.

I sorta noticed, but didn't think anything of it at the time.

"Hmm, Atlas does say that a lot... Script writers need to get punched in the cock." Then I shrugged it off, and an hour later, when I found out, I just said "Holy cock fuck... THATS GENIUS!"

The best part about it, is that it really makes the gamers themselves feel like they had no control whatsoever to the gamer. Apparently, in an interview with one of the story dev's, they had said that it was a sort of a commentary on the linearity of games, and how even if choices are presented, you're still going to do what you're told in them.

Bioshock is the latest game I finished. It was one of the better fps'es I've played story and environmentwise. Game of the year? Not so sure about that.
Currently playing Zelda on the Wii. Very much looking forward to Crysis on the pc, Mass effect on 360, Super Mario Galaxy on Wii. And a bunch of other 360 titles like Army of two, Assasin's creed, Blacksite, Guitar hero 3, The Simpsons game.

Mass Effect will probably be my game of the year.

I like multiplayer and all, but a good game with a great story is what really interests me.

I'm set to be disappointed by mass effect. I know how Bioware is about making the same game with just slightly different game play (Knights of the Old Republic/Jade Empire), so I'm trying not to hype it up in my mind too much.