Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Okay, I finally beat Portal. I got stuck at level 17, dicked around on that for an hour and finally got passed it. After that I started using noclip and cheating when I couldn't figure out what the hell to do. The ending credits are awesome.

Beat episode 2. Awesome shit. The final battle, holy shit was that insanity.

Other notable firefight, the Antlions with the 4 entrances. That was funner than hell.

Holy hell... the ending of Portal, that last level... total insanity. But the ending. W-T-F.

I guess it did succeed in its goal of making me crave cake though.

Oh, and the things the computer tells you as you are shoving its pieces into the incinerator... priceless.

Hahaha, the narration in Portal makes it worth playing through all of frustration.

"Remember when I was all like 'I am going to kill you now, goodbye.' and you were all like 'No way!'?"

:lol:

The ending credits were hilarious as well.

so i think i'm gonna buy a uber long ethernet cable and finally get online with my 360. my question to you is this

what's the best multiplayer game? i got all-pro football and gears of war (and bioshock, but no multiplayer) so should i pick up orange box or halo 3? i have no previous experience with either of those

edit-

so i went with halo3. i think my gamertag is woodenlore if ya'll bastids wanna add me and battle me to the death. i should be online later today if everything functions properly

I plan to borrow a Wii (or rent one) along with renting the game so I can check it out. Otherwise, I am just picking it up for PS2. I'm just tickled fucking pink that there is a game coming out that doesn't require the PS3 or XBOX to enjoy.

I really miss good games for wii... the idea with it is great but it seems to take years for game developers to take use of it.. Just as EricT we have barely used it since playing zelda quite a few months back, too bad.

Luckily enough BF2 and BF2142 still keeps us occupied by the computer so we don't get bored with life.

Can someone recommand me a really original game, FPS adventure whatever.. ? I only play Starcraft these days, at a fairly elaborated level sure, but I need some entertainment as well.

Can someone recommand me a really original game, FPS adventure whatever.. ? I only play Starcraft these days, at a fairly elaborated level sure, but I need some entertainment as well.

Since you say "FPS Adventure", the only answer to your question is the game BIOSHOCK (available for PC or 360). I think most people would agree with me... it's still got my vote for game of the year. Incredible graphics, story, depth, and action.

Bioschock ftw.