Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

So I tried supreme commander, it seemed to much like a "churn out 10 billion units and swarm them without thinking" type game for me...

I agree that the campaigns really suck -- very repetitive, and the story is waferthin. It's in multiplayer that it starts to get interesting; I've had some really nice large scale robotic battles with my flat mate :D

There's a lot more to it than just churning out units (obviously), but I also think that's one of the really nice things about SC that you get to control these huge armies of giant robots, battle cruisers and whatnot. Moreover, I think that the entire interface and way you control the game is very smart, and makes for fast and intense play.

how could we know? it's not out yet and it's still in development I believe. So far it looks a lot like SC1 but with better graphics. Unfortunately, blizzard isn't known for changing his formulas at games. What would have been nice was the introduction of real physics like in Supreme Commander. At least now we won't have the stupid 200 units cap.

I read that Starcraft 2 is aiming to be faster paced than SC1, with an average game being 10-20 minutes. They're also not including creeping and heroes like they did in WarCraft 3, which I think is a huge mistake. After playing WC3, I went back and tried to play SC1 and was bored out of my mind without the hero aspect.

how could we know? it's not out yet and it's still in development I believe. So far it looks a lot like SC1 but with better graphics..
Ooops, I was sure it had been released by now, guess I'll have to wait for reviews then.

...Blizzard should have made a Diablo 3 instead though :loco:

Definitely, but rumors also say they are. With the huge success that D2 was, it would be very strange if they didn't follow it up with a third installment.

Check you http://www.diabloii.net for more info :)

Yeah I saw that some days ago and I hope he means a real diablo III and isn't just talking about mythos. I don't understand why they have to make every game into a mmorpg these days, very annoying. :mad:

Anyway, diablo ii is still keeping me busy, just started with some new gubbz.

Anyway, diablo ii is still keeping me busy, just started with some new gubbz.

Hehe, I actually had a Necromancer going a month or so ago, but I got tired around lvl 60 or so; in the long run it's not very much fun just standing back casting curses and watching your minions hack their way through row upon row of monsters; but between clvl 20 to 50, it was a lot of fun