Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Yeah I heard about that from some friend while I was in London, and thought that to be an odd coincidence

Then I was told more about the game and it sounds pretty kick-ass

Please do report on it once you and Johanna get it up and running

I switched to Medieval 2 total war and its rocking my socks. Whats really sexy is I can max the settings in these games without any problems.... :D

Finally ordered a new computer thats decent for gaming and I can't wait to be able to actually play MTW2. RTW is my favorite game ever pretty much. I need people to play against (for some reason im not a big fan of going and finding random people to battle).

Yeah I heard about that from some friend while I was in London, and thought that to be an odd coincidence

Then I was told more about the game and it sounds pretty kick-ass

Please do report on it once you and Johanna get it up and running
Played a couple of hours last night, and I really like it. It's basically a Diablo III - back to the future thing to be honest. There's three factions with two character classes each, one mage faction, one melee faction and one ranged faction, and each class has one offensive and one defensive class (I suppose - only played one class so far). It's all set in London in 2038, a couple of years after hell got too crowded so the demons started walking the earth. It shares a lot of stuff with diablo, I was hoping for at least a bit more Twilight Princess-y skill use but it's the standard ASSIGN - CLICK LIKE A MADMAN thing. Real fun so far if you like Diablo!
I haven't really figured out how to do half the shit I know you can so far though.

^^^really? H3 campaign was a lot of fun, at least with someone you know to play with. I'll probably buy this once I get a brand new computer.

^^ these suck IMO. And I'm pretty tired of developpers putting all the emphasis on the multiplayer part of the game instead of creating a good storyline and a great atmosphere for single player. Bioshock ftw.

Crysis ftw. Replayed the demo today and tried out different tactics. It's great how you can do things different ways if you want to.

^^ these suck IMO. And I'm pretty tired of developpers putting all the emphasis on the multiplayer part of the game instead of creating a good storyline and a great atmosphere for single player. Bioshock ftw.

true. put the storyline of COD4 is great (even with scripted sequences) no where near Bioshock but still good.

Halo 3's campaign just flat out sucked. It was fun in some parts, but overall, it fell flat.

I can't say enough about it's multiplayer though plus with the theater option and it's ability to view replays of your last 25 battles it's awesome. i just viewed one myself from this morning where i was propelled off those launcher things and threw a sticky grenade on a fully man warthog and took em' all out only to have an enemy nearby stick me with one as soon as I landed. Triple Kill FTW :Smokin:

Crysis ftw. Replayed the demo today and tried out different tactics. It's great how you can do things different ways if you want to.

I'm upgrading my computer once the new GeForce cards are out, to better suit my lack of social life, so I'll play this properly then! Looks like an excellent new take on Doom! :headbang:

true. put the storyline of COD4 is great (even with scripted sequences) no where near Bioshock but still good.

Halo 3's campaign just flat out sucked. It was fun in some parts, but overall, it fell flat.

I can't say enough about it's multiplayer though plus with the theater option and it's ability to view replays of your last 25 battles it's awesome. i just viewed one myself from this morning where i was propelled off those launcher things and threw a sticky grenade on a fully man warthog and took em' all out only to have an enemy nearby stick me with one as soon as I landed. Triple Kill FTW :Smokin:

I call bullshit or you're both extremely lucky

I played Silent Debuggers, Bravoman, Legendary Axe II, and Bonk's Revenge today.

old games > new games