Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Mass Effect = game of the year. The game is so cool I'm waiting to be done with Assassin'S creed before playing that one. There's a major political/spying story right there with amazing dialogues.

Games I play a lot at the moment are:

Team Fortess 2
Halo 3
Call of Duty 4

and Im in the process of playing through the entire resident evil series again:\

Mass Effect = game of the year. The game is so cool I'm waiting to be done with Assassin'S creed before playing that one. There's a major political/spying story right there with amazing dialogues.

I really wanted to like Mass Effect. But games that are as long as this one or Oblivion I gave up on, simply for the fact that I'll never finish it. I bought Oblivion and played the fucking hell out of it like a nerd everyday and realized I was barely scratching the surface of the game. 1 week later I sold it.

Has anyone played "Burnout Revenge", if so how is it?

:Clueless:

Also be advised, that that chick above is mighty lovely.

Yeah, its great party time fun. I think it woudl be boring as fuck alone, but in a group of drunken assholes its great.

edit: good fun is "winner takes a shot". That way the best player gets worse over time. Or passes out.

Not sure if anyone else here has a PS3. But I've been getting more and more into Warhawk. It's a online-only game, which is quite cool.

Warhawk

I've never played any of the Call of Duty series, but CoD4 will probably be my next gaming purchase.

Zod

you got Drake's Aventures released like last week or something... exclusive to PS3, it received good marks (4.5 gamespy, 8 on gamespot)

I'm playing Crysis, and i must say... I'm seriously unimpressed. I keep playing thinking that its going to get better and drop the formulaic gameplay it has, but it doesn't.

Shoot an enemy, sneak past a guard post, run to some stupid thing, turn on maximum armor, kill a few enemies, rinse, repeat.

I'm sure I'll probably end up completing it since I continue to play hoping for more.

I thought the Crysis demo was much better than the CoD4 demo I just played. In CoD4 they lead you by the hand and the level designs don't allow for flanking or any kind of strategy. Crysis on the other hand allows you to approach things in any number of ways. Using the suit, weapons, and environment in different combinations had me playing the demo through multiple times.

I'll buy Crysis when I can and play it through on the hardest difficulty. Crosshairs, grenade warnings, and enemies speaking in English are for pussies.