Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Yeah, I'm playing it on "MAXIMUM DIFFICULTY" (Gotta say it like the suit, or it loses the effect), and the only time I've died so far was in a fucking mine field outside a village when I wasn't paying attention where I was jumping.

Those features they take away aren't that bad. And the korean sounds WAAAAAY better than the shitty voice actors they used for the english. They sound more german than korean for the english audio. Not to mention I hadn't bothered to listen to the NPC's at all when I played the demo on Normal since the AI is about as smart as a dead rodent.

"Hey look, I'm jumping RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU. I'M NOT CLOAKED. ARE YOU GONNA SHOOT ME?! NO?! WHY NOT?! SLANT EYED BASTARD!"

Anyway, decided to pick up world in conflict tomorrow since I haven't played a strategy game since CNC 3. The game looks interesting, so I hope it lives up to the hype.

Edit:

Man, loved The Witcher. The farther I got into, the more I loved it. Still got a lot I can do in the game, just haven't had the time to sit down and invest the 12 hours required for 1 sitting.

So here's my current status:
Neverwinter nights 2: let down
Crysis: seemed boring and usual, not all that great
Supreme Commander: A pretty decent RTS, but nothing that will keep me glued to it
Medieval Total War 2: Great, but not as good as Rome Total war... Maybe just because I have a major boner for all things rome. I dunno. Great "in between games" game.
Company of Heroes: I can tell its a solid RTS, but I find all RTS games get old pretty quick
Dawn of War: Dark Crusade: Great for when I want a nice gore filled RTS experience. New races are fun, the campaign map adds replayability.
Gears of War: So broken at release, I have no further interest in playing it in the near future. It simply won't run on 50% of all PCs. Sometimes wierd workarounds work, but other times not

To Come:
World in Conflict
HL2: Episodes 1&2 + Portal
Bioshock
Civilization 4: Beyond the Sword
Stalker
Lego Star Wars 2

so i think I am going to but a game system ... I don't care for the latest and greatest graphics ... just good game play.

Playstation2 or Wii ???

Pro's and cons?

PS2 hands down. Wii will entertain you for two hours then you'll never have a desire to pick it up again.
This is bullshit. Go play Super Mario Galaxy. Or Zelda: Twilight Princess. Or Metroid Prime 3. There's more than just Wii Sports out there. PS2 has a lot going for it, though. It's dirt cheap and it has a huge library with a lot of really outstanding games. I picked up a used PS2 this summer, but still haven't bought a Wii of my own, so there you go.

i am not getting any of these expensive consoles like the 360 or PS3 ... lets put it this way, brick breaker entertains me, so I don't see the need to go all out on a $400 console with $50 games.

so PS2 = cheap console and games are as low as $5 out there

Wii ... really like the interactivity of it especially since it makes you move your ass ... always liked the mindless fun of nintendo games ... BUT ... games are expensive

I purchased one of these bad boys last week.

for yourself or your broheim?

i am not getting any of these expensive consoles like the 360 or PS3 ... lets put it this way, brick breaker entertains me, so I don't see the need to go all out on a $400 console with $50 games.

so PS2 = cheap console and games are as low as $5 out there

Wii ... really like the interactivity of it especially since it makes you move your ass ... always liked the mindless fun of nintendo games ... BUT ... games are expensive

uh, the 360 is like $50 more than the Wiiiii