Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Team Fortress 2 is a really good online FPS (shitty on console though). Its a team(duh) game with classes, and objects (ie CTF, CP). It may look gay and cartoony but its really fun

Gears 2 is surprisingly good I found but thats already been brought up. Still haven't played Fable II... and Im realizing I dont even remember what games are out recently tbh

MM9, new castlevania

I dunno

oh yeah, Fallout 3 is awesome too

Olayed the Left 4 Dead demo last night. Quite a fun time. The guns sound great(shitty sounding guns in games are a pet peeve of mine) and the action is pretty brutal.

Am I the only one here with Soul Calibur 4 for the PS3?

Btw, I got Valkyria Chronicles. I'm not much of an RPG fan but that's usually because of their boring and shitty combat systems. I played the demo though and actually had fun with the combat so I'm giving the full game a shot. So far, too much story and not enough gameplay. Ah well, it should pick up soon. I just got a tank. :loco:

Am I the only one here with Soul Calibur 4 for the PS3?

Btw, I got Valkyria Chronicles. I'm not much of an RPG fan but that's usually because of their boring and shitty combat systems. I played the demo though and actually had fun with the combat so I'm giving the full game a shot. So far, too much story and not enough gameplay. Ah well, it should pick up soon. I just got a tank. :loco:

Valkyria Chronicles is so close to great... just a little less fucking cutscene (or as I like to call it, Xenosaga disease) as you said and that game would have been an RPG for the centuries. J-RPG's have been sucking it up lately. You either get a really good story but a shit battle system or a shitty drawn out story with a really awesome battle system. I miss the PS1. Amazing RPG's on that system.

I'm set to be disappointed by mass effect. I know how Bioware is about making the same game with just slightly different game play (Knights of the Old Republic/Jade Empire), so I'm trying not to hype it up in my mind too much.

What's everyone's opinion on KOTOR? I creamed my pantaloons while playing Mass Effect, so how does this Star Wars geek shit add up?

DOA4 = Best Fighter I've played in a hundred moons. :Smokin:

TuffENuff.jpg

Video games in general arent that engrossing after age 30. I cant even bring myself to plug the 360 in anymore.

So... when does Fallout 3 become interesting? I've made it out of the Vault and to the first city. Shooting giant cockroaches isn't all that engrossing.

Zod
Now that you're in Megaton, you can nail the whore in the saloon, buy some booze, fix all the leaks in the water pipes to make the people happy, donate some money to the Church of Atom and then blow the great big bomb that's in the middle of the city, magically transforming it all into a hole. Or not, either way you like it.

So, I bought a 360. I found a deal today (not black Friday.) For $309 it came with a Pro system (20 gig,) a headset, extra wireless controller, 3 month XBOX Live card, 4 weeks free rental, Kung Fu Panda game (lawlz,) Lego Indiana Jones game (the Star Wars games are actually incredible,) and a game called blue dragon. Good bundle price. I also bought the fiance Left 4 Dead, really good use of the Havoc engine. She's a zombie nut (survival guide/WWz fanatic)

So, key point: Street Fighter 2: Hi-Definition Remix is amazing. My only problem is that I don't have an arcade stick. :erk: I'll get one soon. SF2 redrawn, with balanced gameplay, and redrawn sprites at 1080p? MMM. I just can't wait for SFIV. :kickass: I'll destroy you allllllll

yeah I need to cough up the 15 bucks for it..

and another 40 for the stick:\

Im terribel though, my last SF2 epxerience datse back to me being 9 years old

ps any word on that Quake Live thing??:p

edit:

I personally think KOTOR is better than ME, but not the second one just the first

So... after wasting $65 on Fallout 3, I wised up and began downloading playable demos through my PS3.

Soul Calibur 4 - I kept winning, though I have no idea how. I just kept mashing buttons. Seemed pointless.

Bad Company - not bad... seemed very reminiscent of Call of Duty 4.

Dead Space - I'm going to buy this. Very cool game.

Civilization Evolution - the wife and I use to lose sleep playing this game on the PC a thousand years ago. I downloaded it and the wfie was up all night playing it. Going to buy this one for her.

Chronicles of Narnia - not surprisingly, it's fairly childish. Amd I'm not really into the whole "quest" thing.

Zod

My brother mentioned Dead Space was a catastrophe on PC, felt like a direct Console to PC, so I haven't even bothered with it so far.

I've been playing Fallout 3, but it's nothing spectacular. A few minor annoyances, but in general a relatively decent game. Obviously, it is much more akin to "Oblivion with guns" than it is to Fallout 1 or 2, but it's still generally interesting. The VATS system seems to be an odd innovation, on one hand it seems to trivialize the game, on the other the game is not a true FPS so it almost feels needed.

I think I will try the new Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion next, Storm of Zehir. I had no idea this was even coming out until the release day.

Dead Space wasn't SO bad once you turned of Vsync so the controls were "ok-ish"... still prefer first person to over-the-shoulder (which turned me off the game).