Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

I was bored of Killzone 2 quickly.

I'll give it a few points for multiplayer having some shit that should be in every game now (the type of game switching mid-game, and the awesome "hear what the other people are saying if you get close enough" mechanism).

Honestly, I think if it had been a PC game, I'd just be having more fun... but the controller limits, and the fact that there's very little modification/community mapping involved in console games just keeps me away.

Got a new 360 after my last one was tweaked one step too far. Been playing nothing but Star Ocean 4 (level 170 and I haven't even finished the main quest yet). Probably pick up RE5 this week, despite what I've said before. My friend is really into us "co-oping this bitch", and I'll have to oblige. I hear single player bites dick, though. Shame.

I was bored of Killzone 2 quickly.

I'll give it a few points for multiplayer having some shit that should be in every game now (the type of game switching mid-game, and the awesome "hear what the other people are saying if you get close enough" mechanism).

Honestly, I think if it had been a PC game, I'd just be having more fun... but the controller limits, and the fact that there's very little modification/community mapping involved in console games just keeps me away.
Valid... but it sounds like your criticisms are those of a hardcore gamer. I'm a very casual gamer. The limits you mentioned, are outer limits I'd never approach.

For me, graphics are critical. And from what I can see, the graphics in Killzone 2 are on par with any console FPS.

Zod

i just hooked up to xbox live the other day. pretty damn cool, though nerdy as all hell. been playing nothing but COD: World at War.

cant wait until COD 5 is out this year, as the COD's are easily the best FPS. realistic FPS> sci fi FPS

COD5? I haven't seen a thing about this. Are you sure?

Zod

Most people call World at War CoD5, so...it'd be CoD6 coming out next?

Actually, they've confirmed a "COD5" coming out this year, which is COD Modern Warfare 2... and world of war is kinda just "COD4.5". Some gaming press call it 6, some call it 5. Some just call it Modern Warfare 2. Pain in the ass to keep track of when nobody can figure out the god damn numbering system.

Coming out sometime this fall though. And it's supposedly 95% done, despite the fact that we've not seen any videos or screenshots.

ive heard they are keeping COD5 hush-hush with no trailers, no ads, etc. no leaks either for the patient-deprived morons.

and yeah, world at war is basically a like a stop gap.

Actually, they've confirmed a "COD5" coming out this year, which is COD Modern Warfare 2...
Interesting. The way they're churning these titles out, one has to wonder if the next COD will merely by Modern Warfare 1.5. With barely any time between releases, you have to expect that very little is actually changing.

Zod

Activision remarked in their fiscal plans last year that they are playing on the fact that they will release at least 1 COD game each year for the next 5 years. So don't expect to see them stopping unless sales drop dramatically (which they probably won't unless they release a truly deplorable game).

Activision remarked in their fiscal plans last year that they are playing on the fact that they will release at least 1 COD game each year for the next 5 years. So don't expect to see them stopping unless sales drop dramatically (which they probably won't unless they release a truly deplorable game).
I suspect that means they won't overhaul the game engine and that game play will be more or less similar through all subsequent versions, with different eras, enemies, scenery, etc.

Zod

i feel stupid playing the multiplayer, getting my ass kicked by 8 year olds. but im playing for fun, not one of those guys on the mics telling everyone they suck. those guys piss me off.

nazi zombies is fun on WaW