Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Acie just fell off a balcony.

To be released in two versions, one being based on the Tekken fighting engine, one on SF's engine. SSFIV is my favorite fighter to date, if Capcom's half is along those lines I'll be quite pleased. Though I don't know how they're going to answer the lack of projectiles from the Namco camp. Nevertheless, this looks far more promising than that juggling clusterfuck MVC3 and MK's nostalgia rehash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acie just fell off a balcony.

To be released in two versions, one being based on the Tekken fighting engine, one on SF's engine. SSFIV is my favorite fighter to date, if Capcom's half is along those lines I'll be quite pleased. Though I don't know how they're going to answer the lack of projectiles from the Namco camp. Nevertheless, this looks far more promising than that juggling clusterfuck MVC3 and MK's nostalgia rehash.

:lol: Yeah read about this awhile back. I'm kind of worried that it will eat into the tiny bit of a budget that Capcom has for fighting games as I really don't see the necessity of releasing 2 games. I think they should pick a format and stick with it rather than using the same character models two more times. If they weren't using the same SF4 and T6 engines (with tweaks of course) it might make a bit more sense. I also have this gut feeling that they'll rush it and it will be broken. Here's hoping to, at least, a fresh new interface and some solid gameplay :kickass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Mind boggling that you love Oblivion but hate Fallout3 considering they are essentially the exact same boring game, with Bethesda changing the fantasy to post apocalyptic gunnery... kind of. TO EACH HIS OWN INDEED. I'll take Daggerfall or Morrowind (or Arena) over Oblivion any day.. even after the countless user mods that put it up to a redeemable level!

Probably was us 3 giving the love to Dragon Age yes. Great game.

DA is the shit! I'm not going to lie, I love everything Bioware has ever done with all my heart.

Also, I recently got Oblivion GOTY. So far, its cool.

5688946-thumb-540x358.jpg

Mojowijo has created a device that attaches to a Nintendo Wii remote control, turning it into a sex toy.

According to their website:

The device is able to transform the varying motions of the control into appropriate vibration signals and send them to another selected device – in the same room or over the internet. Essentially turning your Wii remotes into shared, remote controlled vibrators (aka wii vibrator or wiibrator!).

My biggest qualm with sex has always been the whole "you have to be in the same room" thing. It's like, come on, people. This is 2010. Can't my avatar just have sex with your avatar by now? Why yes they can! With Mojowijo!

Well I finally got my ass employed this year after collecting unemployment for 10 months. I upgraded to a 42 inch HDTV and I've been blown away at how awesome videogames look in HD. In the past couple weeks I've beaten Dead Space, God of War 3, and Mirror's Edge. Mirror's Edge is a game I've been waiting years for. I've always been a big Tomb Raider fan and I loved playing basically a first person TR in a modern setting. I got the game for $10 and it's short and there's a LOT of trial and error but I still really enjoyed it. God of War 3 was probably the weakest of the GoW games but it was still really good although pretty short since I beat it in just over 10 hours on my first playthrough. The battle with Cronos was epic. I still need to get Heavy Rain and Uncharted 2 but I might wait till the price drops a bit. I don't like spending more than $25 for a video game but I really liked the first uncharted and indigo prophecy was really cool (well the first half of it was).

Mirror's Edge was a wonderful concept game. The only problem is that the flow of the game comes to a screeching halt about midway through. I really think that Dice had a great thing going with it and could make Mirror's Edge 2 a truly wonderful thing. You mentioned GoW 3... If you have an Xbox360 I strongly recommend picking up Bayonetta! Wonderful game made by the same guy who was the brains behind the first Devil May Cry. Awesome combo system and very intuitive gameplay. Also, the wacky cinematics, stunning visuals, and absurd storyline add bucket-loads of entertainment. It has a lot of re-playability too, whereas the GoW series does not. In my opinion it's a fresh take on the hack and slash genre. Also, new Ninja Gaiden on the way! God, I love the difficulty of those games.

What's the latest on horror games? I finished Left 4 Dead awhile back and was thinking about getting something else. I know there's a Left 4 Dead 2.

To hell with Microsoft hardware. My antiquated system's disc tray won't friggin open. I even attempted to slide a knife in there and pry the tray lose, to no avail. May have to take the whole damn thing apart later in the week. Worse case scenario I'm out $150. Pah!

Shit you remember that? Uhhh the majority of them are in a landfill somewhere. I could have probably salvaged this current 360 had I attempted to go about it in a loving fashion. I Richard Pryored the thing open with a wine cock screw and a knife. After being swept under a dust cloud from the depths of the consoles innards, I said the hell with it, tossed the gook rigged mechanism on the ground, and promptly began surfing the net for a replacement. Ahhh I almost forgot, before the dissection occurred, I in ill-fated fashion followed Microsoft's official troubleshooting technique of taking a paperclip to a small hole at the fore of the console. Said flimsy clip absconded from my grasp and slid in to the disc tray, prompting not only a dislodging, but now an extrication to the list of tasks needed to perform a resurrection of a console 3 yrs past it's average shelf life. Sleep deprivation is not kind to the impatient, and unlike the lads in Kiev, I could afford a cup of joe, so off to the trash it went.

lets talk about-

Castlevania:
Sort of a big let down for me (a huge old school castlevania fan, SOTN is the best 2D game ever), but still a good game. absolutely BEAUTIFUL graphics, cool bosses, and awesome combat. the big problem is that the game is basically prince of persia mixed with god of war. play it, and you'll realize that i am totally correct. the game has no identity of its own, and it is not the "love letter to fans of the series" that konami originally claimed. the game was far into development before they even decided that it would be a castlevania game... they should have just left it.
6.8/10, still a decent game but nothing new

Fallout: New Vegas:
Haven't played this yet but I was really excited to get it until I read all of the reviews. Everyone is saying that its a cool follow-up but that it is SWAMPED with inexcusable bugs. Perhaps another excellent game gone to waste just because they needed to reach the deadline? (COUGH RED DEAD REDEMPTION COUGH)
Would like to hear other people's opinions, because I am a huge Fallout 3 fan.

Read Dead Redemption Zombie Add-On:
Would like to know if anyone has tried it.

Medal of Honor:
Haven't played it either. Anyone? The whole Modern Warfare thing is really played out. Its funny that they all of a sudden decide to release this game as a COD:MW/Battlefield 2 clone, and that the next COD (coming out really soon) has abandoned the modern warfare crap. I mean how many sand people can you blast down with Marine Corps automatic weapons before it gets old? The answer is that it doesn't get old, but come on... video games need some fucking variation. The industry is SO fucked.

anticipating: gears of war 3, although I'm afraid it'll be just like the first two games: the same exact thing with essentially the only difference being the weapons you can use.