Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Yeah, kind of a dicey proposition those video game gifts.

haha I just remembered...since we're on the topic...the wife recently just up and disconnected my 360. I found it sitting on the floor of the bedroom for no particular reason other than she no longer wanted to look at it sitting next to the TV. :zombie:

On a similar note: "I'm really glad you started playing guitar again...but am I going to have to look at a bunch of wires and cables and stuff all the time?"

"Not if you stay in the kitchen. :cool:"

Anyway, been on the lookout for some new games. Anything good on the horizon? I need a game I can play in short bursts. The last couple games I got were Split Second and Castle Crashers. Both good games that I could play for 10-15 minutes between doing other shit.

lets talk about-
Read Dead Redemption Zombie Add-On:
Would like to know if anyone has tried it.

Medal of Honor:
Haven't played it either. Anyone? The whole Modern Warfare thing is really played out. Its funny that they all of a sudden decide to release this game as a COD:MW/Battlefield 2 clone, and that the next COD (coming out really soon) has abandoned the modern warfare crap. I mean how many sand people can you blast down with Marine Corps automatic weapons before it gets old? The answer is that it doesn't get old, but come on... video games need some fucking variation. The industry is SO fucked.

Undead Nightmare is pretty fun to play through. There's a lot of content in that DLC, especially for $10. If you enjoyed Red Dead Redemption then there's no reason you would not like the add-on. I have noticed a few more glitches and wonky shenanigans in the DLC though.

Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, etc all have very shitty single player campaigns (sans the first Modern Warfare). I really wish those types of games would just focus on a huge multiplayer component since that's what people buy these games for.

That being said, Battlefield shits on everyone of them.

Fallout: New Vegas:
Haven't played this yet but I was really excited to get it until I read all of the reviews. Everyone is saying that its a cool follow-up but that it is SWAMPED with inexcusable bugs. Perhaps another excellent game gone to waste just because they needed to reach the deadline? (COUGH RED DEAD REDEMPTION COUGH)
Would like to hear other people's opinions, because I am a huge Fallout 3 fan.

I'm really enjoying new vegas despite all the bugs, a few patches should lcean it right up, and as with fallout 3, the modding community will fix anything that could bother anyone in the game, given enough time, and then they will completely change the game, similar to fallout wanderers edition (aka, you can stop being some cunt from the vault, and instead start as a raider or something).

edit: and the ongoing Dorian's wife saga is also pretty epic

anyone play soldier of fortune 2? it started this craze that cod4 mw started but honestly a 10x better shooter! came out probably 4-5 years ago, great fun. been playing grandia from ps1 days, never got around to it then and nhl 11 where my might buffalo sabres have won back to back cups baby woooooooooooooo

Hey queers,
The five year old keeps clamoring to play video games on my 360. I was thinking maybe a driving/racing game would be appropriate for us to play together. Any suggestions? I haven't played one since Grand Tourismo 3 on original Playstation.

He must learn the price of war early.

Also if you can pretend to die when your character does that would be great.

I was thinking Hot Pursuit but the wife has put the nix on the whole thing anyway so fuck it

Disclaimer: not that I want my child playing video games...it's just he keep asking and asking

Full disclosure: OK, bull shit. Yeah, I do.

Kids my age played Doom since age 8 or so and some of us turned out decent, so it's probably OK. If they become crazy serial killers, it's the satanic heavy metal and not the video game violence that's the cause.