Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Anyone else take advantage of the steam xmas sales?

I grabbed NWN2 Platinum for $9.99 but after a couple of hours the interface seems like such garbage and there have been a couple of game-stopping bugs that I don't think I'll bother. What the fuck? The original was so much better

I was just playing my 360 and the screen went a dark green. I turned it off and then back on again and get no signal and the little LEDs surrounding the power button now flash red instead of a constant green.
what happened?

yep.
Red in quadrants 1,3, and 4.

hmmm...glad I just bought a brand new game. Anyone want Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit?

I've been trying to think of when I bought the console. Isn't there some kind of Court-ordered extended warranty as a result of the multiple lawsuits filed against Microsoft for making one of the worst products of all time? I think I've had the thing for maybe three years.

ii know some of the problems are total bullshit, my roommate had to take out his network cable and it was fine..changing video cables etc,, stupid ass product imo

Yeah, completely unnacceptable engineering. Imagine if a car manufacturer released a shit product like this.
Anyway, I've checked out some of the home repair videos and well...fuck that shit.

The only funny thing about this situation is the complaints about how long it takes to get the system back if you send it off the Microsoft. "Yeah, go ahead and send it in...if you can wait TWO MONTHS!" Can't stand to not play video games for two months? Jesus. What a world full of absolute geeks.

NOOOO DO NOT TAKE YOUR X-BOX APART, dorian. call them up, they will fix it. my friend was out of his warranty and they replaced it. same with mine. if you tamper with it you'll be fucked though

wait till the end ... the english accent makes the cheesiest jokes funny

Last edited by a moderator:
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is pretty fun...especially the races that involve the cops and several other racers. It's total chaos.
GT3 RS is my favorite car so far

yeah in the great recent tradition of releasing sequels and remakes that have the exact same name as the original, hot pursuit is now both a new game and a game from 1998

So they re-made it with the same title? That's pretty lame. I got tired of Need For Speed. Racing games as a whole are failly lacklustre to me, NFS were the only ones I really played. But yeah, there's only so much enjoyment one can get out of pretending to drive a car when one is old enough to actually drive one.

I dont know anything about an older game of the same name. I wasn't playing video games in 1998 - I was busy with stuff like going to college and breaking up marriages.