Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

bought new vegas and oblivion a couple of weeks ago. i'm probably the last guy on earth to discover this game, but oblivion is very obviously now in my top 5 games of all time list. incredible shit, fallout doesn't even compare. i was going back and forth with them for a while and actually got about halfway in new vegas, but i totally lost interest and now oblivion is all i care about.

How does Oblivion compare to Morrowind? I'm not all that much into open-world RPG gaming, but I always feel like getting myself involved in a game at this time of year, so any recommendation is welcome.
I've played The Witcher a while ago and it was ace, if a little on the gay side.

Morrowind is far better than vanilla Oblivion. Oblivion needs to be heavily modified to be as enjoyable.

I am way behind what is current in the video game world. I just started playing Fallout 3 on PS3 a few days ago and I absolutely love it. I've seen a couple other games mentioned in the same breath here (Oblivion, Morrowind)...are there any recos that are along these lines? I'm also very fond of Modern Warfare and the like.

Since you have a PS3 you should definitely check out Demon's Souls. Probably the best game I've played in years.

If you're into the online gaming deal, play Battlefield: Bad Company 2. Plus, they've just released an expansion pack that takes place in Vietnam.

morrowind is pretty boring tbh

TOTALLY BORING. I must admit that I have a short attention span when it comes to huge sand-box rpg games. oblivion actually keeps me interested, which is pretty rare. i avoided playing it for years because i thought i would put it down after a few days and then never return to it.

ars magna- i would say try out Battlefield 2 even if you don't do the online stuff. it's a pretty awesome campaign and well worth the money imo.

I am way behind what is current in the video game world. I just started playing Fallout 3 on PS3 a few days ago and I absolutely love it. I've seen a couple other games mentioned in the same breath here (Oblivion, Morrowind)...are there any recos that are along these lines? I'm also very fond of Modern Warfare and the like.

Pick up Battlefield: Bad Company 2. As previously stated, this game shits down Modern Warfare's kiddie throat.

Pick up Battlefield: Bad Company 2. As previously stated, this game shits down Modern Warfare's kiddie throat.

Bad Company 2: Vietnam is what's new and hip yo
And Call of Duty: Black Ops

ars magna- i would say try out Battlefield 2 even if you don't do the online stuff. it's a pretty awesome campaign and well worth the money imo.
The Project Reality mod for BF2 is one of the best fps shitz ever, reeeeally funny when you get into a game good but kinda hard to get into at times.

Anyone else take advantage of the steam xmas sales? I picked up

Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Portal
Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl / Call of Pripyat
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
The Witcher

I already beat Portal and Mass Effect 2. I had one team member die in Mass Effect 2 so I might replay the suicide mission.

Jon, I thought you got back with the wife last Summer?

Ray, I don't think replaying the suicide mission will change the outcome at all. I believe the survival of your squad depends on their loyalty missions/ interactions with you throughout the game. I lost both Mordin and Jack, the latter I had a falling out with when I sided with Miranda doing their spat, while I was pretty harsh to the former for his part in the genophage. [/talknerdytome]

Ray, I don't think replaying the suicide mission will change the outcome at all. I believe the survival of your squad depends on their loyalty missions/ interactions with you throughout the game. I lost both Mordin and Jack, the latter I had a falling out with when I sided with Miranda doing their spat, while I was pretty harsh to the former for his part in the genophage. [/talknerdytome]

I chose Jack to do the biotic field thing on the suicide mission and Samara ended up dead. I always used Samara after recruiting her so that's why I wanted to try it again. She survived on my second try and now will probably be a minor character in ME3.

The two games I want to play the most after Mass Effect (Amnesia and KOTOR) both crash at startup :lol: :mad:

I chose Jack to do the biotic field thing on the suicide mission and Samara ended up dead. I always used Samara after recruiting her so that's why I wanted to try it again. She survived on my second try and now will probably be a minor character in ME3.

The two games I want to play the most after Mass Effect (Amnesia and KOTOR) both crash at startup :lol: :mad:

Jack can do it without any casualties if she is loyal and you get her biotic upgrade.