Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Speaking of SSF IV, I'm a 10,000 BP Sagat on PSN and my name is RichPureDoom. Add me and we can get some matches in. Same username on SRK forums etc.

:lol: battlepoints. Got any tournament victories under your belt? :p

*edit*

Might as well cram all of this in one post. So, I found out my buddy Campbell wrote the guide for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and my buddy Arthur did all of the frame data :lol: Fuck I miss being in the scene, I've got to escape this hell and go back south.

Also, I finally said fuck it and picked up a copy of Fallout: New Vegas. ...Suffice to say, :kickass: I've only encountered a small number of bugs most of which revolve around the marketplace and I haven't had a quest ruined yet. I was lucky enough in Fallout 3 to experience very little in the ways of bugs/glitches as well. Seriously though, I've put about 20 hours in the last 3 days on this game and I don't find myself slowing down anytime soon. It's absolutely fantastic. Melee anyone? :oops:

*edit*

Might as well cram all of this in one post. So, I found out my buddy Campbell wrote the guide for Marvel vs Capcom 3 and my buddy Arthur did all of the frame data :lol: Fuck I miss being in the scene, I've got to escape this hell and go back south.

Basically everything that I've learned from the game has come from the guide. I can't be arsed to practice, as SFIV is still numero uno. I'm glad I'm a lot more open minded towards games, than I am people, as MvC3 has turned out to be a real dessert. Wesker/Dante/Dormammu ftw!

No but I'll be at evo this year if you're goin. We'll get some matches in there. It'll be AE by then and Sagat will be competitive again. I can't do shit in close these days, all his moves have ZERO priority.

No but I'll be at evo this year if you're goin. We'll get some matches in there. It'll be AE by then and Sagat will be competitive again. I can't do shit in close these days, all his moves have ZERO priority.

Probably won't make it to EVO this year but good luck! School has pretty much rendered competitive gaming impossible until next year. Besides, until I'm back in Dallas and frequent Austin again I'll be seriously out of shape. Sigh, I wish they'd bring 3rd strike back to EVO. :erk:

My brother has been practicing non-stop for the SoCal Regionals, that's about 9 months away. I may check out EVO Rio in 2012 if we're still immersed in the genre by then.

:lol: you and your brother had better get to some arcades instead of practicing at home. XBLA and training mode won't help against battle-hardened veterans who spend all day every day in the 'cades or at places like Keystone II. I'll be frank, it's impossible to win a large tournament or even place your first few go arounds. It's always a good way to get into the scene though and to meet some people that can help you along the way. The thing is, XBLA play is obviously different from h2h and you don't have 50 people cramped in right behind you judging your every move. Tournaments can be a tense thing, especially tournaments like SoCal regionals in which the top players in the country fly to be in, even some Japanese players will fly to play. I'm serious, everyone who enters that tournament will be an absolute beast. If you guys are in that area I recommend trying to find some ranbats (ranking battles/weeklies) to get the hang of the atmosphere. Once you step outside of xbox live it's a whole different world. Godspeed :kickass:

No time for that ish at all unfortunately. Maybe if I was 10 years younger I'd be up to the task. The closest thing to what you describe is driving down to Round 1 for some AE play. I don't think his immediate goal is to win or place at this moment, he's watched Justin Wong/Tokido/Uryo/ChingChongChink vids, we both know the beastiality that ensues. I reckon the short term is just to be competent enough to rub elbows with the nerds that attend these events.

I don't know what's going on here, but it's funny.

Last edited by a moderator:
i been playing THE WHISPERED WORLD lately

good game

also, caesar III. good game but annoying as hell too

what are some good fairly recent BUILD SHIT AND POSSIBLY ALSO AN ARMY pc games

like caesar, settlers, sim city, anno series etc

I think the Civilization series is generally regarded as the top spot for the genre.

I don't have the patience (or maybe the strategic abilities) required for these games, But I know a few people who would play this stuff for days in a row, eating only whatever leftovers are within close reach of the keyboard...