Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

yeah i have civ3 but that's not really my thing. i mean more like where you get to build and micromanage cities/settlements on a smaller level

i used to play these sorts of games A LOT when i was younger. not so much nowadays but i got into caesar III a bit on a whim and now i want something else

naw i don't have internet at home so this "steam" thing is all mumbojumbo to me

thanx though

Anyone hear anything about Dragon Age 2?

I LOVED the first one a lot and I'm starting to think its time to play it again. But the sequel comes out very soon and I might have to buy it immediately on release.

I thought the first was ok though I dropped it about 20% in. The visuals were pretty dry (that's not an aspect that usually bothers me but that game is disturbingly ugly) and the combat system bugged the hell out of me.

The second opus got bashed pretty bad on some zines. More simplicity, more action, more console shit it seems. (and poor quests also, from what I read...)

I just hope The Witcher 2 will fulfill my expectations.

I LOVED the first one a lot and I'm starting to think its time to play it again. But the sequel comes out very soon and I might have to buy it immediately on release.

Isn't it released already? I think I will play it this weekend anyway, and if it isn't released this will really sätta käppar i hjulet for me...

Might and Magic Heroes VI is released on the same day as the Witcher II - also a must have game

Just downloaded, will try tomorr
wfirst one rocke,d bought iut. if this one does too we will buy it.

0.jpg

Also Elder Scrolls Skyrim will be released in the fall! looking forward to that one!

Seriously? There are 16 (or something) planes of Oblivion and they're all exactly the same cookie cutter bullshit, the story is weak, the combat is boring, etc etc

Morrowind was SO much fucking better and even that apparently pales in comparison to the older ones that I haven't played

Morrowind was SO much fucking better and even that apparently pales in comparison to the older ones that I haven't played

YEah...MAAHHHNN!! Fuck the establishment!!!!

No seriously, Oblivion was gold if you turned on the console. I hate you!

Morrowind is Bore-owind.

Yeah I never understood the Obliovio-hate. Fantastic game. Morrowind possibly had a slightly better storyline, but Oblivion was definitely a much better looking game, with better combat (imo), better armoury and weaponry, better integration and personalised involvement; a better game all 'round as far as I'm concerned. And hell, I found the story to be pretty gripping! It set its hooks in me from first play.