Video Game Thread (Officially Unofficial)

Well, I got Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption. Demon's Souls started to drive me crazy about the 30th fucking time I tried and failed to beat the second fucking level. So I'm giving it a break and playing through RDR. Damn this game is fun. It really feels like I'm in a classic Western movie.

Fucking Demon's Souls.

dude... you need to get the undead nightmare extension for read dead redemption. believe me, you will be completely psyched.

Well, I got Demon's Souls and Red Dead Redemption. Demon's Souls started to drive me crazy about the 30th fucking time I tried and failed to beat the second fucking level. So I'm giving it a break and playing through RDR. Damn this game is fun. It really feels like I'm in a classic Western movie.

Fucking Demon's Souls.

What part of the level are you stuck on?

That mother fucking Tower Knight. He's SO huge that when I get close, I can't see anything but his damned ankles. So even if he telegraphs attacks, I don't (can't?) notice until the attack is pinning my skull to the ground.

I just read last night, however, that after level 1-2, you must go to another world anyway. So unless I get something great from the Tower Knight, I guess for now I can just say fuck it and move onto 2-1, right?

That mother fucking Tower Knight. He's SO huge that when I get close, I can't see anything but his damned ankles. So even if he telegraphs attacks, I don't (can't?) notice until the attack is pinning my skull to the ground.

I just read last night, however, that after level 1-2, you must go to another world anyway. So unless I get something great from the Tower Knight, I guess for now I can just say fuck it and move onto 2-1, right?

Well you can just goto 2-1. But it's worth it to just get rid of the Tower Knight so you can reap all the souls from his death. With that you can level up your character.

What class are you using? If you're a mage you can just spam him with magic from afar. If you're melee, then you'll need to get in and attack his ankles. Just be patient. Keep your distance and when he does his shield smash, after the shockwave hits, charge in and get a few hits in on his ankles.

Patience is key. After swatting at his ankles he'll fall over and you can attack his head for major damage.

Demon's Souls was completely unruly. Favorite game in this generation.

While the game still does frustrate me sometimes, I have to agree with this. The game is fucking fantastic and addictive as fuck.

By the way, I beat all of 2 and then 4-1 before finally going back after the Tower Knight. Man that battle was easy after I'd finally gotten my shitty little soldier a ranged spell. :lol:

Hmm...ok, so I'm going to get a console "for Christmas" but I don't know which one to get. Personally, I want to get a PS3 but I won't be doing much in 2012 other than school and work. So maybe a Wii would be good considering it might be more fun for the kids to play. Since my 360 broke from overheating I'm done with Microsoft products so they're not even a contender. Whatcha think? I've never played a Wii? Are they fun or gay? I don't understand how you play mature games on them.

wii is on the way out, there are no more good games coming (the last one was zelda skyward sword)

that said, there are easily enough good/great games in its library to justify a purchase. easily. it basically comes down to this: if you like brown games about shooting brown people with guns, then ps3. if you like colorful games about rescuing princesses and doing fun stuff then wii.

i've had TRUCKLOADS of fun just playing mario galaxy 1 and 2. i don't really care about anything that's not mario, zelda or the good kind of jrpg. probably not the most unbiased person to ask.

i think the biggest waste of time / life are video games. the internet at least has "some" redeeming qualities.
but playing video games for half a day at a time?

discuss.

I played super meat boy until I mentally could handle no more. Unlocking The Kid melted my brain and I pretty much gave up after that.

I hear there's loads of custom level things in there now, need to check it out again sometime.