Viking mythology and all that goes with it

Dude, I've lost your e-mail. Can you PM it or mail it to me? I've got a really cool picture...
Here is a really cool box stool with info:
http://www.currentmiddleages.org/tents/chair3vkbox.pdf
I can't find many good pics of plain benches for you, except for the Kungsåra bench (not many have been found, Nat'l Museum of Antiq. don't even have a single pic!), but stools and tables abound, as do rowing benches. By rowing benches I mean the benches that are like a box, that you can store stuff in, but with handles, so you can carry them with you.

LOL, pretty cool to see some DAoC players in here, I played that game religiously for about 5 years, I just stopped 6 months ago, when I had to go on deployment. All my buddies moved on to WOW, so thats what I'm playing now.

If you havn't played in a few years you wouldnt even recognize it. ALOT has changed, and the population is way down. Most of the servers are all clustered together now. We played on pretty much all the US servers. We were just a small 8 man gank group called Forsaken Redemption, my characters where either Residue, or Gaund.

LOL, pretty cool to see some DAoC players in here, I played that game religiously for about 5 years, I just stopped 6 months ago, when I had to go on deployment. All my buddies moved on to WOW, so thats what I'm playing now.

If you havn't played in a few years you wouldnt even recognize it. ALOT has changed, and the population is way down. Most of the servers are all clustered together now. We played on pretty much all the US servers. We were just a small 8 man gank group called Forsaken Redemption, my characters where either Residue, or Gaund.

I used to play GemstoneIV..it's a MUDD. I quit recently. My friends are trying to get me into WoW but eh, I don't know. I started an Eve a couple of days ago.

I've played most everything.... EVE, DAoC, WoW, EQ, AC, AO, SB, UO, holy shit too many acronyms. My wife and I play a bit of EQ2 these days, but we're still wee newbs there. Hoping Warhammer doesn't suck, and thinking of checking out the Conan MMO, too, when they come out.

@Tyra: Radial split, hmm... strålglans klyva? Does that make any sense? Web translation so I'm not sure if I picked the right word or not. The old way of making planks, when they used wedges on green wood to split it along the grain, instead of sawing it.

Well, this is a summer course - it doesn't overlap with regular school. My understanding is that it is strictly a dig course, like field school here. But Dan Carlsson is awfully cool!

Hey T.....wanna see what I been up to?? I started carving a pillar.

105_0297_edited.jpg

It's hard to tell but this IS a cloud with lightning bolts coming from it....

105_0299.jpg

So as not to muck up the post I have carved "hail" above the hammer and on one side carved "asa", and the other,"thor" in runes. It isn't finished but when it is I'll post more pics. I also am in the middle of carving, in ON no less, the passage from Gylfaginning......

"Thor is the foremost of them. He is called Asa-Thor, or Oku-Thor.He is the strongest of all gods and men, and rules over the realm which is called Thrudvang. His hall is called Bilskirner. Therein are five hundred and forty floors, and it is the largest house that men have made. Thus it is said in Grimner's Lay:

Five hundred floors
And forty more,
Methinks, has bowed Bilskirner.
Of houses all
That I know roofed
I know my son's is the largest."

Kewl! I'm back to the world of the living again after having buried Kianna yesterday. Had a really neat thing happen with all of this sorrow, too, but will e-mail you both about that when I get a chance. I have GOT to catch up on some sleep first!

i've got a book about the viking runes and it came with a bag full of runes as well. went through the book last night and had a crack. interesting i dare say! some of the explanations were amazing. i've never been one for 'spirituality' per say but i truly believe the runes will help guide me through thick and thin!

Good start :)
And if you wanna make it even better, throw away those Runes and make some yourself. It will give you a closer relationship to them. If you want to make them of wood, I can help you to classify trees you will want, since I know them all and know how to find out what tree is in front of you even in winter.
Oh, is it winter over there at all? :lol:

hahaha. can't throw them out, they were a gift from a certain someone...maybe letting them go would be a good thing though...might be tainted with bad vibes and bad energy. bah fuck it, i'll keep them! lol!

it's summer but it's pouring with rain today lol

typical melbourne weather. we need the rain though! goign through a pretty devastating drought over here!

hi all, i am currently designing a tattoo it reads courage, strength, wisdom in english, old norse i believe is raedhi styrkr viska translated into elder futhark is.........