Viking mythology and all that goes with it

Hi
I'm a big Amon Amarth fan and have been for some time now and recently I have started doing a video on the song "The sound of eight hooves". I am still an amateur, but am very interested in directing and animation so I'm doing this for fun. I chose this song because I love the story and energy and I also think it could make a great video.
Unfortunately, I only know the basics of Norse mythology and was wondering if you guys could help me out on some things regarding the song, since I want to have references that are accurate to the song.

The lyrics at the end of the song talk about a warlord coming down from the light and the sound of eight hooves. So is this the horse Sleipnir? The one on the CD cover? Are there any good pictures or carvings of him and what does it look like. Also I would like to know how does the warlord that is riding this horse look like and if any picture of him exists.
Also I am a bit unsure how the Christian preacher should look like. Did he wear normal robes as today or anything else?

I know my knowledge is very poor, but I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out on this.
Thanks.

Hi
I'm a big Amon Amarth fan and have been for some time now and recently I have started doing a video on the song "The sound of eight hooves". I am still an amateur, but am very interested in directing and animation so I'm doing this for fun. I chose this song because I love the story and energy and I also think it could make a great video.
Unfortunately, I only know the basics of Norse mythology and was wondering if you guys could help me out on some things regarding the song, since I want to have references that are accurate to the song.

The lyrics at the end of the song talk about a warlord coming down from the light and the sound of eight hooves. So is this the horse Sleipnir? The one on the CD cover? Are there any good pictures or carvings of him and what does it look like. Also I would like to know how does the warlord that is riding this horse look like and if any picture of him exists.
Also I am a bit unsure how the Christian preacher should look like. Did he wear normal robes as today or anything else?

I know my knowledge is very poor, but I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me out on this.
Thanks.
Yes, it's Sleipnir. Go into Google images and type in Sleipnir and loads of pics come up. It is the horse on the cover of WOOOS. Odin owns Sleipnir, sp if I were you, I'd do the same thing there - go into google images and type in Odin. He is generally depicted as an older man in aclaok and floppy hat, with a big bushy beard and with one eye missing. You'll find all sorts of pictures of him in a warrior get-up in google images, though. The pics are not necessarily historically correct, but you have to take artistic liberties when you make videos.
Preachers at the time wore robes, but the important difference here is that their heads were shaved, as a difference to the "heathen hordes". I can probably help you out better if you PM me with specific questions, but I hipe that helped some.

Why I love the vikings:
Dudo of St. Quentin said:
At once, Robert and bishop Franco have reported all this to Rollo and, having given hostages on the integrity of their Christian faith, they have brought him to king Charles. Truly the Franks, admiring Rollo, attacker of all Francia, have said to one another: "That is the duke, so powerful! so valorous! so resolute and discreet! so hard-working! who has prosecuted such great battles against the counts of this realm." Immediately, constrained by the words of the Franks, he has placed his hands in the king's hands, something which neither his father nor his grandfather nor his great-grandfather had ever done for anyone. And so the king has given him his daughter, Gisla by name, as his wife, as well as the prescribed land from the river Epte to the sea, as a heritable estate (note 12) and as an estate, (note 13) and all of Brittany to live from. The bishops have said to Rollo, who is unwilling to kiss the king's foot: "Whoever receives such a gift, ought to kiss the king's foot." And he: "I will never kneel before the knees of another, nor will I kiss anyone's foot." Thus, urged by the prayers of the Franks, he has ordered a certain warrior to kiss the king's foot. The warrior, at once laying hold of the king's foot, has brought it to his own mouth and has planted a kiss on it while standing upright, and has caused the king to topple backwards. And so great laughter and great uproar is occasioned among the people.

Yes, it's Sleipnir. Go into Google images and type in Sleipnir and loads of pics come up. It is the horse on the cover of WOOOS. Odin owns Sleipnir, sp if I were you, I'd do the same thing there - go into google images and type in Odin. He is generally depicted as an older man in aclaok and floppy hat, with a big bushy beard and with one eye missing. You'll find all sorts of pictures of him in a warrior get-up in google images, though. The pics are not necessarily historically correct, but you have to take artistic liberties when you make videos.
Preachers at the time wore robes, but the important difference here is that their heads were shaved, as a difference to the "heathen hordes". I can probably help you out better if you PM me with specific questions, but I hipe that helped some.

Thank you very much, that's really everything I wanted to know, if I need any more help Ill be sure to PM you!

Hahaha! What source is that from Larsson? I'm assuming it's Gånge Rolf the text refers to, and if it isn't, that's still very typical of him!

Bates: We call them Morfar or Farfar depending on whose parent (mom's or dad's) they are. Larsson means Lars' son. These days it's not generally changed from generation to generation, but just kept as a family name, but that's a reason fashion. Up until fairly recently, your last name would just be your father's name with a son or dauhter added. So, my great great grandfater was Erik Anderson, then great grandpa was Anders Eriksson. My grandfather was supposed to be Edvin Andersson, but when he moved from one parsih to another after he got married, the pastor (who was in charge of regestering new parishioners/tax payers) made a mistake and re-named him in the church ledger, so my grandpa got re-named Carlsson - great grandpa's middle name. My father kept his father's last name, making him Nils Carlsson, but I am Nilsdotter, because I am Nils's daughter. Then, when I moved here, Canadian authorities were unable to fit my whole name in the compuer, so I lost part of my name, so now it's abbreviated "Nilsdot" on my official documents!!! I also have a Canadian last name, though, now that I am married to a canuck.

Hehe, didn't know if it was the same as Danish or not. And, while I may be a somewhat ignorant American, I do understand the concept of patrynomics ;) My eldest son is Lars, thus my little joke. :p

Canada conquers once again! Hahararrrrr!!!
No, no, no - we're the ones who are slowly invading Canada. Kind of how the Polacks have invaded the UK...

Bates: Ooooh, I see. I've several friends with that name. It's a good one, cuz it's difficult for foerigners to mispronounce and miss-spell, as a difference to Åke, Örjan, Björn, Knut and Agneta, to name a few. (So how do you spell miss-spell for real, speaking of miss spelling??)

I feel ofended,

not just UK, we invade the whole world without wars ;)

onto beer #6, merry &#37;#^& to me:kickass: <------although I never bang that fast, it's rediculous, I band with the rythm and they like it ;)

No, no, no - we're the ones who are slowly invading Canada. Kind of how the Polacks have invaded the UK...

Bates: Ooooh, I see. I've several friends with that name. It's a good one, cuz it's difficult for foerigners to mispronounce and miss-spell, as a difference to &#197;ke, &#214;rjan, Bj&#246;rn, Knut and Agneta, to name a few. (So how do you spell miss-spell for real, speaking of miss spelling??)

I'm having I'm having although I've never met the dude, and the other dude is not that big as he lost some weight, something wrong with him, pretty soon he'll look like T meister, Sk&#229;l

Tyra;5708930]Yeah, you're right. Sorry Tomasz.
Have one for my hubby, too, and several for The Big J. Sk&#229;l![/quote]

I don't know how to make that a on a keyboard, so, as it sounds to me... Skoal! :p

*wanders off in search of alcohol*

And actually, you'd surprised at how many people can misspell and mispronounce Lars. Of course, my accent doesn't help, it kinda sounds like Lahz, but I can't make that fucking pirate sound of 'r' :p

In standard Swedish, it sounds more like Laash... R followed by s makes sh in modern standard Swedish for some reason. The nickname for Lars is Lasse (with a short e at the end). Either way, you don't have to master that "Aaargh, Matey" thing.

I'm having I'm having although I've never met the dude, and the other dude is not that big as he lost some weight, something wrong with him, pretty soon he'll look like T meister, Skål

Tyra;5708930]Yeah, you're right. Sorry Tomasz.
Have one for my hubby, too, and several for The Big J. Skål!
[/quote]

Well, as far as my hubby goes, his adopted name is Ölfúss, which is Old Norse for "one who desires beer". That about says it all.

Maybe J's got worms. No worries, though, he's going to my parents house for dinner on Sunday, so (judging by how exhaused my mother was from grocery shopping for the event) he won't be skinny for long. Last I heard, he was stuck at the airport in London, though. No planes could leave for the thick fog, so he'd been sat there for several hours. Hope they have a good pub at the airport.

Naw, and that's why I said "standard" Swedish. Is this the part where I get to harrass you about Sk&#229;ne being it's own country and all? I won't cuz I'm Canadian-Swedish, so I can't really say nuttin. And I live in BC - you know, Beyond Canada? Hey, I was at my kids' school last night, and a man came up to me and spoke "Malm&#246;ise" to me! Turns out my youngest kid's teacher is married to a Swede...