Vilewoman's off-topic random retardation thread.

They export themselves around Europe, especially during football season. Nothing like a bunch of loud and obnoxious Brits ... as bad as loud and obnoxious American tourists.

UEFA games where UK sides took part seemed to chase me for a while, so I know what you are talking about. :bah::bah: makes you long for silence so much you'd escape to a Carthusian monastery.

will go to a spinning class today, yay!

my messed up arm is better and my physical therapy dude sais the weight I put on it during spinning shouldn't cause any problems with healing/rehab

and then sauna after, wee

will go to a spinning class today, yay!

my messed up arm is better and my physical therapy dude sais the weight I put on it during spinning shouldn't cause any problems with healing/rehab

and then sauna after, wee

Spinning is cool, you can unleash lots of adrenaline and get loads of exercise, BUT the music is the reason why I stopped going. The reality is that I can work out at the gym as long as I have right shoes, right bra, music and earphones. Otherwise I go home.

What did you do to your arm? must be serious if you made it to physical therapy.

I put out my wrist/thumb in the last two weeks of my pregnancy and still there- doctor won't give me more than 5 minutes or anything stronger than ibuprofen for it... hope it heals soon or I won't be able to work, as it's my left wrist. But not many chances it will as I'm putting weight on it constantly. Some days better than others, but it was bad yesterday...

Spinning is cool, you can unleash lots of adrenaline and get loads of exercise, BUT the music is the reason why I stopped going. The reality is that I can work out at the gym as long as I have right shoes, right bra, music and earphones. Otherwise I go home.

What did you do to your arm? must be serious if you made it to physical therapy.

I put out my wrist/thumb in the last two weeks of my pregnancy and still there- doctor won't give me more than 5 minutes or anything stronger than ibuprofen for it... hope it heals soon or I won't be able to work, as it's my left wrist. But not many chances it will as I'm putting weight on it constantly. Some days better than others, but it was bad yesterday...

Music usually blows!
But as I can handle shit beers at (most) metal festivals, I can handle shit music if I have a good spinning class :D

At times we do have a guy that does metal spinning!
But the fact is most metal songs are not made for that type of work out, though Rammstein and Raubtier works very well!

I've got tennis arm, probably from working with computers for too long, fucked it up badly this time around, especially after brewing two days in a row in Finland, that made the pain so bad I hardly could use the arm any longer.
Got a cortizone shot about a week ago though, taht took away the inflammation, but my tendons are badle messed up so now I need to do this rehab thing 4 times a day for a week, then 6 to 7 times a day for the coming 6 weeks after that.

So no brewing this spring for me :'(
Will brew at least once with a friend though, he will do all lifting, I'll point and drink beers :D

And I had such beautiful brew plans too...

Sucks you don't get enough help for your problems!

I think with us if you are and look healthy, they think you are wasting their time!

i heard cortisone shots work a treat for tendon stuff, which is what I think I have. lifting baby all day not helping. and when we move house and I have to pack, lift and clean for a week solid it's going to be murder!!! may not even be able to lift a pint glass come the CAMRA fest...

I think with us if you are and look healthy, they think you are wasting their time!

i heard cortisone shots work a treat for tendon stuff, which is what I think I have. lifting baby all day not helping. and when we move house and I have to pack, lift and clean for a week solid it's going to be murder!!! may not even be able to lift a pint glass come the CAMRA fest...

ooh nooo!
Not the pint glass!
Now the doc has to make it work!

And I am actually serious about it, since beer is no laughing matter!!

Yes, the shot worked wonders.
Taking it was very painful, and the arm pain was very very bad that whole day, but frmo when I woke up the day after the pain was pretty much gone (though sometimes takes 1-2 days extra, guess I was lucky).

I went to this physical therapy guy since I couldn't get a doctors apointment, he said after 2 minutes that I had a tennes arm and needed a shot and booked me a time with a doctor 1 week after.

I was referred to Physio just after Christmas. Still waiting for appointment. Thinking about going private if no appt come May.

Among other things, because my doctor will then be in Midlothian, not City of Edinburgh municipality. And the change in local demarcation that will mean going back to the end of the waiting list. Even if I was next in line. :cry:

sucks :'(

Yeah, make sure to get help!

I'm generally against going to doctors since they are the spawn of satan that tends to treat symptoms and not lookign for the root cause, but every now and then you suffer badly (for exampel I couldn't brew, WTF!) and you have to go, and in some rare occasions you actually get real help.

All these black metal bands try to come up with eveil names and shit, they should just name a band/an album
"The Doctor"
it would be the scariest shit ever!

sucks :'(

Yeah, make sure to get help!

I'm generally against going to doctors since they are the spawn of satan that tends to treat symptoms and not lookign for the root cause, but every now and then you suffer badly (for exampel I couldn't brew, WTF!) and you have to go, and in some rare occasions you actually get real help.

All these black metal bands try to come up with eveil names and shit, they should just name a band/an album
"The Doctor"

some people are even more afraid of "THE DENTIST"....ahhhhhhh!

they are not trve or tr00 or however you spell that crap :bah:

another evil band could be called "no bacon" or perhaps "non alcoholic beers"

very scary!

yeah i'd rather go to the dentist, doctor, and a vegetarian restaurant rather than suffer from NA BEER! fan, scary!

"The Doctor"

3162_logo.gif

Granted :)