Vilewoman's off-topic random retardation thread.

But do you speak drunkeneese? I've been told catch me on the right day I am quite fluent in that...

I never speak or write French as fluently as when I am drunk. I even understand French Canadians then :D My English, on the other hand, suffers a lot after the fourth pint and becomes more and more Spanish like.

I avoid speaking Catalan, because they spot I am not a native speaker within seconds, but I love reading, watching telly, listening to it on the radio and used to love doing essays in it. Even taking notes in lectures in Catalan for a laugh.

Italian and German are at the stage where they need more work, and a summer away to build my confidence would do wonders but I just don't have the funds.

I know, I am sad. :(

I am so sad... I went over the shipwreck and metal football articles just to see if I could get the gist out of it by spotting cognates. :eek: So far I am really amused about the Swedish word for child. Because it's the same as in Lowland Scots. :loco:

I am so sad... I went over the shipwreck and metal football articles just to see if I could get the gist out of it by spotting cognates. :eek: So far I am really amused about the Swedish word for child. Because it's the same as in Lowland Scots. :loco:

Sinc eI know Swedish, English and some German, I tend to read Dutch fairly well.
Which pisses some Dutch people off since it seems it doesn't work the other way :D

somethin bout cows?

If you have cows you get a barn, y'know. I used to live in a place called Byres Road, I thought it sounded so posh. Then someone pointed out in that it was called like that because that is where everyone kept their stables :D

Scots is a great language to be abusive in. Specially the Glasgow dialect. The expression "Gae tae fuck" just rolls off the tongue so nicely you almost want a chance to use it.

If you have cows you get a barn, y'know. I used to live in a place called Byres Road, I thought it sounded so posh. Then someone pointed out in that it was called like that because that is where everyone kept their stables to prevent the smell getting to other parts of the neighbourhood. :D

hehehe...posh if your a cow then ? I wonder do you all differentiate between Moo Cows and Beef Cows.....had to explain that one to my friend when i moved to Texas..Moo Cows are Dairy Cows

And translate that because i might use it on my boss the next time he pisses me off

Sinc eI know Swedish, English and some German, I tend to read Dutch fairly well.
Which pisses some Dutch people off since it seems it doesn't work the other way :D

Same with Romance Languages, someone told me the more you move to the West, the least comprehensible they are.

For example, Spaniards tend to understand Italians when they speak, but not Portuguese. Portuguese Understand both Spaniards and Italians on some level.
And Italians don't understand neither Spanish nor Portuguese unless it is written.

It all comes down to Latin, but Latin that evoluted differently.

Fuck yeah go Gnoff!!! :kickass: btw that band didnt sound half bad...

Lyrics below :p
so you can sing-a-long with the song :D

Hard to translate, all comes back to Swedish politics of the last couple of years.

-------

"En stund med Björklund" - Text o Musik:Svensk Punk

Jag såg en förskräcklig bild i tidningen i morse
Det var Göran, Maud å Adolf i en Porsche
Å han som ingen vet vad han heter
När han öppnar munnen är det som han tagit eter.
--- (En stund med Björklund)

Betyg från trean men skolnivån den sjunker
När skolministern sätter barnen i en bunker
Men han vet inte hur man höjer resultaten
Så han drar in på IDROTTEN å MATEN

Han har en bra idé, han kallar det för språktest
Förbud mot slöja är hans nästa manifest
För han är rädd för kulturella influenser
Om det inte gäller hushållsnära tjänster

Kick ass....i am stuck inside yet again...stoopid tornado watches...nother note..my brother came and had lunch supposed to be giving me a recording next weekend of some songs they wrote if he does I will toss them at ya Gnoff.

Looking forward to it :)

Though next Sunday I'll be heading for Czech Republic for 7 days of beer and metal :D

hehehe...posh if your a cow then ? I wonder do you all differentiate between Moo Cows and Beef Cows.....had to explain that one to my friend when i moved to Texas..Moo Cows are Dairy Cows

And translate that because i might use it on my boss the next time he pisses me off

Yep, a Jersey cow and an Aberdeen Angus cow don't do the same things right.

:loco: Aberdeen Angus, "well hung and tender", as they call it, belongs inside a bun, with caramelised onions and grain mustard.
Friesians and Jerseys look pretty in the field and make creamy milk and clotted cream for scones.

Translate what? Get Tae Fuck? :err: It just means "go to fuck" ie, piss off. If you see the new Star Trek you will hear Simon Pegg saying "Gae Tae...." but I guess they could not script the ..Fuck bit in. :) Or this should give you a very good approximation. Just don't open it at work, or around easily offended people.

Last edited by a moderator: