Vilewoman's off-topic random retardation thread.

Came back from the printing company, dissertation is done and ready to be delivered. Glad to have finally finished this, not bad for the High School drop out I was some 14 years ago. Might pass on the PhD studies for a few years. Next on the horizon, the AA anniversary show in Utrecht.

awesome work Seb!

Enjoy AA special show!

:kickass:

I have to wait a little bit longer.:( But I'm also eager to know about it. Hope you will tell on it here!:)

I will for sure :D
Won't post too much details though in the case someone doesn't want to know which old ones landed in the setlist or other stuff ;)

Well done&congrats Belgar! :)
Have fun at the anniversary show :headbang:

Just finished a horrible call with my drunken neighbour who already at 7:00 in the morning tried to invite me for a wine. Unbelievable how some people ruin themselves. That's quite sad. Fucking alcohol I say right now.

It's a bit sad indeed, but alcohol is indeed a poison and some people can't handle it

I had a bit too much to drink myself last week, going out every night Wednesday through Sunday, now staying away from drinking a bit though, took a hard toll on my body.

A few month ago i decided not to drink alcohol on weekdays. I sleep better, wake up (as we say here) fresh and fruity. I can recommand this to everyone ;o)

It's a bit sad indeed, but alcohol is indeed a poison and some people can't handle it

I had a bit too much to drink myself last week, going out every night Wednesday through Sunday, now staying away from drinking a bit though, took a hard toll on my body.

Some people can't handle it, that's the point and the sad side of the story. I mean there have to be reasons why they can't handle it and get lost.

Came back from the printing company, dissertation is done and ready to be delivered. Glad to have finally finished this, not bad for the High School drop out I was some 14 years ago. Might pass on the PhD studies for a few years. Next on the horizon, the AA anniversary show in Utrecht.

Congratulations you clever cookie!

Drinking can be fun sometimes, IF you know when you have enough and stop around that point. But sadly this is a too big IF for some people.

I personally tend to avoid drinking except for some occasions like birthday parties and stuff like that. Even when I'm on a festival i rarely drink troughout the day, just in the evening when the music is done ;)
Probably there won't be any alcohol involved on Sunday in Chemnitz, just music :headbang:

While we are on the subject of alcohol... Anyone been to a whisky tasting?

Husband wants to organize a whisky tasting for friends at home, so were wondering what food to serve. Never been to one, so don't know how it works, but then nor have they, so if we get it wrong they probably won't know the difference...

I'm guessing it's better to serve snacks rather than a full meal but maybe it's me not wanting to cook three courses for a bunch of people :saint:

any ideas? :erk:

I've been to a few whisky tastings and never been served food.

Light snacks with not too much taste and not too much fat works.

Better to have tasting first, and food and heavier tasting snacks after.

Usually I'd say during tasting only have white bread and possibly very lightly salted pop-corn and water, to be able to break between the drinks.

You could throw a mixed plate of various smoked fish, some lettuce leaves and bread on the table. Should suffice.
I mean, the main thing is the whiskey.

It's so weird that I almost must get on the beard train!

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/faci...r-its-like-peanut-butter-and-jelly_210162.htm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raft-beerds-book-a-hairy-collection-of-beer-l

I'm thinking the $35 (+ $15 for Euro shipping) to get my name in the book, hahaha

It's a crazy world, eh?

Oh and I don't know what will happen if they don't reach the set level, I just think I'm willing to risk it, for the cause of beers and beards, nobody that has facial hair and loves craft beers would ever sucker ppl out of money, right?
right?

oh screw it, I'll give 'em my money ;)

Argh...life has got bad timing sometimes....
Ran down a stair yesterday evening and twisted my left ankle pretty bad.
Could hardly stand and walk in the evening / morning (was at a birtday party of a friend which is the drummer of a band and they played live yesterday). Took a pain pill in order to sleep a few hours then went to the hospital. Doctor said it's only a contusion but I'm not so sure right now if the outer ligament of this ankle is intact.
But I will be there tomorrow evening, even though it will hurt to stand for hours :headbang: