Vote: Royal Carnage 2006 March Madness - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
MadeInNewJersey said:
you wouldn't know controversy if you attended my 3-week long course on how to create it

now just STFU already
2nded

i don't even think my 4 week letter subscription course ($439.99) would help here

MadeInNewJersey said:
you make it easy though

:lol: Yus! I thought'd it'd be better than that personally, but what can you do.

I actually think those were some fairly interesting points I brought up (DsO and Drudkh aside) and are worth discussing, but that's for another (less biased) crowd and another time.

I just find it interesting that people are so reverent towards some bands and that 99% of the votes are nearly identical. It's a conspiracy.:loco:

MadeInNewJersey said:
you wouldn't know controversy if you attended my 3-week long course on how to create it

now just STFU already

Just kiss him already! The sexual tension is quite obvious, sir. :lol:

:mad:

Don't make me make Erik Photoshop the following screenshot to read:

"Gugsy: Close Encounters of the Anal Kind"

Bubsy%20-%20Claws%20Encounters%20of%20the%20Furred%20Kind%20(SS).png

Opeth17 said:
I just find it interesting that people are so reverent towards some bands and that 99% of the votes are nearly identical. It's a conspiracy.:loco:

Well that could come down to the fact we are here to talk about music and stay here because there a people with similar tastes on this board. The fact that most people on this board like and listen to Drudkh and DSO is a sign that IMO they make good music and people around here appreciate that.

We could look at your comment in a broader spectrum in saying that 99% are reverent to metal in general, you dont see us voting for Kenny G or Robbie Williams albums do you. This a metal board so of course there is going to be a common "trend" in taste, now sod off and go listen to some Drudkh.

Claws of Perdition said:
We could look at your comment in a broader spectrum in saying that 99% are reverent to metal in general, you dont see us voting for Kenny G or Robbie Williams albums do you. This a metal board so of course there is going to be a common "trend" in taste, now sod off and go listen to some Drudkh.

That's not the point. I expect everyone here to like metal, I don't expect everyone here to whore themselves to bands like Iron Maiden. I'm just curious as to why everyone seems to think that modern music can't compete and that any "classic" band is automatically better. I think you can trace it to the fact that people weigh how important a band is and who their albums affected into how much they like them, and I personally just think that's a bit ridiculous. Though I'd like to hear if that's actually true at all or if EVERYONE here actually does get their jollies listening to Maiden on music alone. I guess I just find it absurd that bands like Sabbath, Maiden, Priest and other old school bands are just going to roll through this competition like its nothing when I feel there is better music available. Can't touch the legends.

What it all really comes back to though, is that on a forum with this many people, I expect a lot more dissent instead of overwhelming circle jerks on a lot of very different bands. I find it hard to believe that 99% of the people here can adore Hammers of Misfortune and Drudkh and so on. Bands that are vastly different, yet equally praised.

Also, the fact that the only people with "good taste" here are the ones that listen to basic traditional stuff like Bathory, Immortal, Maiden, Metallica, etc. is just odd. Metalheads are too regressive and this forum is the epitome of it.

Opeth17 said:
I guess I just find it absurd that bands like Sabbath, Maiden, Priest and other old school bands are just going to roll through this competition like its nothing when I feel there is better music available.

That's all well and good, but other people have different taste, and though there does seem to be a bit of nostaliga factor at work among some of the board members, there are a lot of people who genuinely prefer the sounds of earlier decades to modern stuff -- I can't blame them at all!

Opeth17 said:
What it all really comes back to though, is that on a forum with this many people, I expect a lot more dissent instead of overwhelming circle jerks on a lot of very different bands. I find it hard to believe that 99% of the people here can adore Hammers of Misfortune and Drudkh and so on. Bands that are vastly different, yet equally praised.

Such a community as RC seems to attract a pretty specific type of music fan, and regulars here frequently turn to each other for suggestions, leading to a lot of us ending up liking the same albums/bands. You'll notice that there aren't really any bands that we can all agree on either.

Opeth17 said:
Also, the fact that the only people with "good taste" here are the ones that listen to basic traditional stuff like Bathory, Immortal, Maiden, Metallica, etc. is just odd. Metalheads are too regressive and this forum is the epitome of it.

I don't know how you've managed to remain so sheltered from the majority of the online metal community that you can find this one anywhere near the epitome of regressive bullshit in metal.

<<I don't know how you've managed to remain so sheltered from the majority of the online metal community that you can find this one anywhere near the epitome of regressive bullshit in metal>>

I'm more or less diametrically opposed to the "only metal is worth listening to" position, and it's very farfetched to claim that the purist attitude is the prevalent one here. I do think that ignoring the present in favor of the past is unequivocally wrong, but the fact that the old standbys are leading this tournament doesn't suggest that people here are shutting themselves to new music...nothing could be further from the truth.

ugh

this discussion is fucking tired

opeth17 just went from "good poster" to "what the fuck" status in like 20 seconds flat

i thought he was fucking trolling with that first post

and black sabbath s/t ain't so great

Status
Not open for further replies.