We don't have a thread on Meshuggah

J. said:
Ask JayK. He's the one that saw them on MTV
Yes indeed. Two weeks ago now - it was the one with those two really fat fuck rednecks from Pantera hosting the show (Dimebag Darrell or whatever). They played Messhugah back to back with the worst Satyricon song in history.

I've seen a Meshuggah video on Headbanger's Ball, but that doesn't mean anything to me.

NAD . . . get Chaosphere and Nothing. They absolutely rule the Earth. Just like the dinosaurs.

I don't see why people feel the need to senselessly bash a band they don't enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, move on to something else.

I remember Meshuggah did this EP with the tracklisting:

Sane
Future Breed Machine (Live)
Future Breed Machine (Mayhem Version)
Futile Bread Machine (Campfire Version)

Its worth it all just for the last one

I'll have to get that, that Future Breed Machine is frickin' incredible. Even before I liked them I liked that song.

Definitely a weird band for MTV. MTV sucks, but not because of what they play, just what they do. I buy me CDs at Target sometimes. :tickled:

I'm getting Chaosphere, no doubt about it. I'll pick up Nothing later on.

you should check out Meshuggah's video for New Millenium Cyanide Christ. They air instrument everything inside a moving RV. It's both EWWEIIRRRDS and simply the greatest music video of all time.

JayKeeley said:
And then I saw them on MTV2 a couple of weeks back
Just noticed this, so is MTV2 still somewhat okay? I haven't watched it since it first started, but I know when it did it somehow wasn't utter shite like regular MTV. Then again maybe I'm thinking Much Music... I haven't watched any of this crap in years, pay TV is for the birds.

Also, Kmart and Wal-mart only sell censored CDs (yet R-rated movies :rolleyes: ), Target sells the real deal. One more reason why Target > other Marts.

NicodemiX said:
you should check out Meshuggah's video for New Millenium Cyanide Christ. They air instrument everything inside a moving RV. It's both EWWEIIRRRDS and simply the greatest music video of all time.

agreed, that video is kick ass deluxe or whatever

to none in particular: as for drumming, check out the track "war" from "rare trax", that is some of the craziest stuff i've heard. i think they wrote that song as a birthday present for one of their friends if i remember correctly :)

(edit: perhaps they used a drum maching on this one, do you know if that's the one Sorath? if not: o_O )

Nate: I know what Drumkit from hell is, and all in all it's more or less a software drum machine or at least intended to be used as one. Me and Erik went to a studio-thingy with the guy who owns (I think he does, at least. It's in the same building as Ballerina Studio, at least) the place dkfh was recorded as boss once.

isn't 'drumkit from hell' what Rhapsody uses on their records? It's not because their drummer can't play the parts; he does it live. It's just too costly to fly him and his drums from Germany to Italy to record or so I read. I think they actually use him on the records now, though.

Anyway, I'd be surprised if Meshuggah used a machine, and unless someone can give me a link to some interview where the band admits it, I'm passing it off as urban legend.

Sorath said:
Nate: I know what Drumkit from hell is, and all in all it's more or less a software drum machine or at least intended to be used as one. Me and Erik went to a studio-thingy with the guy who owns (I think he does, at least. It's in the same building as Ballerina Studio, at least) the place dkfh was recorded as boss once.
DKFH is not a drum machine and it isn't intended to be used as one. It is a bunch of samples intended to be used WITH a TOTALLY SEPARATE drum machine program, such as Reason. Glad I could clear that up . . . since I have DKFH.

Nate: Yes, it's samples to be used with a drum machine, now shut up. And reason sucks.
Jimbo:It's true but I'm too lazy to proveit. Noone knows which song, however. This is because drumkit from hell=good and the drummer of meshuggah is very good at: a) drumming and b) drum programming.