Well, Im listening to St. Anger right now...

I think it is pure CRAP! Snare + Guitar both sound like shit. And James Vocals are VERY bad now. For example the song St. Anger , when i listen to this the 1st 10 secs was good and i thought to myself , not bad not bad at all. Then what the fuck happen? And when I heard James Vocals i know that his time is up for being a vocalist. :/

I really don't see what the big deal is about Het's vox on this album. True, he tosses in a Patton or a SOAD vox in there now and then, but overall it is just as it always has been. I'll agree with the tin can sound though......no need for that. That may be this album's only downfall...that and the title track which I abhore.

Fact is, the rest of this album kicks ass (much to my surprise). Unless Metallica plays NWOBHM again some people will never be pleased....as evidenced by the small minds on this board.

This cd actually reminds me of some of Emperor's in that I need to listen to it about 10-15 times to take it all in.....the layers of sound are just unreal. It isn't complex, just "layered". The riffs on this album own. You must be deaf if you think otherwise.

DavE

retarded penguin said:
Or anti-mudvayne/down....

I don't hear much Mudvayne on this record at all, and as for Down, any semblence to "county-thrash" is made heavier on this record than on any of CoC or Down's material. Either you need more listens, you haven't heard all of the songs, you're deaf, or you are just one of the fans that hasn't picked up on the fact that TallicA isn't going to play NWOBHM any time soon.....perhaps a mixture of all of the above.

DavE

Umm, fact is, Metallica CANNOT play NWOBHM. Never could. They were thrash and hard rock.

If they could, then their music would possess a fraction of the ass kickingness of Saxon, Angel Witch, Maiden etc..

And COC is WAYYYY heavier, YOU must be deaf or lying, Blind is fucking heavy.

What I am, is someone who prefers to listen to good music instead of wasting time with crappy.

Maybe you're just someone who likes anything with them name metallica on it....MAYBE?

it needs MORE along the lines of CoC or Down, seems to go for that sound, but falls short.... of course it also seems to be going for other sounds as well, and falls short there.. get rid of that snare, make a BIGGER wall of sound... go voivod-phobos.

even load/reload had a few incredible songs, can't find them here.

don't worry chrome

*looks over at Fates Warning - Awaken The Guardian*

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

its metallica's attempt the cash in on the nu craze. i dl the title track and the part where hes all 'you flush it out, you flush it out' against the beatbox sounding drums and im like 'did i get a fuckin linkin park song?' its crap fellas. metallica is over. MOVE ON.
-neal

Yeah...Metallica needs to cash in on the "nu" craze. LoL! You guys are hilarious and tone deaf.

What do you think MetallicA based its thrash movement on in the early 80s? Hmmm....could it be NWOBHM? Um, yeah, I think so. I guess a return to heavy music isn't going to be enough for the "twu" fan... a return to early 80s thrash worshiping however, would start a fellatio fest never before seen, as someone said earlier on another board.

I hated Load/ReLoad as much as the next guy, but you have to take this as a separate album, which it obviously is, and I'll be damned if it isn't an excellent record.

DavE

Poison God said:
Yeah...Metallica needs to cash in on the "nu" craze. LoL! You guys are hilarious and tone deaf.
look at who they tour with, dude. they're trying to apeal to angsty 15 year olds who think metallica and slipknot are underground.
-neal

Metallica and thrash wasn't "based" on NWOBHM.

That word just doesn't seem "correct".

The word, as unbelievable as it may sound today, would probably be "influenced". They were influenced by NWOBHM.

To tell you the "twuth", if metallica went back to the 80s type of music, I wouldn't really give a shit, probably wouldn't even buy it, cause honestly, I've simply found better music.

neal said:
look at who they tour with, dude. they're trying to apeal to angsty 15 year olds who think metallica and slipknot are underground.
-neal

This has nothing to do with your argument. Musically this album is not "nu" and definitely not made to appeal to the masses. If you hear a song that sounds like Linkin Park you must listening to another St. Anger album. Try some hearing aids.

retarded penguin said:
Metallica and thrash wasn't "based" on NWOBHM.

That word just doesn't seem "correct".

The word, as unbelievable as it may sound today, would probably be "influenced". They were influenced by NWOBHM.

To tell you the "twuth", if metallica went back to the 80s type of music, I wouldn't really give a shit, probably wouldn't even buy it, cause honestly, I've simply found better music.

Based, influenced, quit waxing semantics retard. Lets have a grammar contest. In any event, how can you say that they were never influenced by NWOBHM?!?!?! Maiden, Diamond Head? You might even stick Priest in there. Euro/UK metal was what they were listening to fool.

And ofcourse you wouldn't like anything Metallica put out because you are still crying about how they bet"w"ayed you....keep crying to mommy. I still have my doubts as to whether you have even listened to this album.

DavE

Poison God:

negative17.jpg