What about Arcturus new album? Better than Opeth...

I've only heard the leak with a relatively bad quality and that fucking BLEEP BLEEP so I haven't bothered to listen to it too carefully.. from what I have, it seems like a decent album, and well, every Arcturus album needs a few listens to grow on you.

As of now, I won't say it tops Ghost Reveries, but maybe when I buy it and listen to it album-quality it just might.. sounds a lot like La Masquerade Infernale to me.

And yeah, those promo pics are the best of the year, no contest.

Well , me being a big Arcturus fan, I'd say that this is the only band left that can take the top prize this year. Them and Between the Buried and Me are Opeth's biggest threats for me. I got BTBAM - Alaska today, and yeah, its a contender, I will know for sure after a few more listens.

Now for Arcturus \m/

Ikil

I can't wait for this album only 7 more days for me! Putting Vortex as lead singer was their best move, and it's very possible this will be my favorite album of the year, and all I heard was the live Mp3 of Demon Painter.

EDIT: Just saw those promo pictures..... :worship:

Deadlift said:
Well....Sideshow Symphonies is a fukkin great album!

And the gallery from their site has the best promopics ever!

http://www.arcturus.no/gallery.html

9,7/10

:hotjump:

Deadlift, you're a very wise individual. Nobody tops the versatile virtuousity that The Jesters possess.

I'm going to miss Garm--with his ability to cover various ranges and tones--but Simen's vocal performances have always been top-notch.

Deadlift said:
This album will compete with Opeth for album of the year.

I believe it's topped it. Though I am a little biased. ;)

Im looking forward for the new Arcturus album to come out, its going to kick so much ass!!! I just heard White Noise Monster off of Fear Candy19 sounds Fantastic!

BreathingShadow. why not listen to BTBAM - Alaska and judge for yourself.

What do you think deserves album of the year so far?

Ikil

Ikil said:
BreathingShadow. why not listen to BTBAM - Alaska and judge for yourself.

What do you think deserves album of the year so far?

Ikil
I've given it about two listens, and so far, the only song I really like is "Selkies: the Endless Obsession"

Ikil said:
Well, the most 'mainstream' sounding song on the album, how nice ;)

Ikil
Yes. After two listens. The other songs didn't grab me. And if I remember, the vocals annoyed me :p . I'll prob give it a few more listens, but have so much other stuff to listen to.