What about Arcturus new album? Better than Opeth...

George said:
Any doubts on Vortex's vocal abilities should have stopped once the song "The Chaos Path" was released.

I've been trying to tell this to fellow Arcturus fans for months now.

Hypnos said:
'Eternity' is by FAR the best Anathema release. the vox are simply brilliant. fragile yet not whiny, and emotionally fitting this masterpiece. genial tracks like 'Angelica', 'The Beloved', Eternity I', 'Eternity II' are the best this genre ever brought to life. give this album some spins, it will grow on you. if not, get yor ears checked... ;)

I completely agree...I used to feel that Judgement was their best, but the more I listened to Eternity, I came to realize how genuinely emotional it is. Those two albums are two of the best ever, I think. The vocals on Eternity are perfect, so fragile; in songs such as "The Beloved" it sounds like cries of anguish...(post)doom at its best.

For those who care, The End Records now has Sideshow Symphonies in stock. Really looking forward to finally hearing this album in good quality.

To bad about the production.. I mean..The volume on Shipwrecked is extremely low, and there's a weird click noise in the end. Annoying! But the songs are awesome..great album

I went looking for this at JB Hifi today but they didn't have it. Might have a look in Utopia tomorrow, otherwise I'll try again next week.

Ikil

The promo pictures are silly. They look like a bunch of D&D dorks playing pirates or something. If they were trying for comedy, they succeeded. :p

I listened to Sideshow once so far, and the music was great, but the vocals had me wincing. I just didn't really like the timbre of his voice. The accent grated on me for some reason. I also noted many off-key moments in his singing that made me cringe. The whole time listening to it I was thinking: what a shame for such good/interesting music to be ruined by bad vocals. :yuk:

As others have said, perhaps I'll "get used to it" but I'm not sure. I'll have to give it a few more listens.

I listened to it again and the voice didn't bother me as much, but still was kinda annoying. Call me crazy, but his singing in certain moments reminded me of Bjork :) .

Hypnos said:
'Eternity' is by FAR the best Anathema release. the vox are simply brilliant. fragile yet not whiny, and emotionally fitting this masterpiece. genial tracks like 'Angelica', 'The Beloved', Eternity I', 'Eternity II' are the best this genre ever brought to life. give this album some spins, it will grow on you. if not, get yor ears checked... ;)

I wouldnt say by FAR their best but Eternity is INCREDIBLE!! The Beloved and Radiance are two of the most beautiful songs I have ever heard and the whole album is just a solid emotional rollercoaster. I definitely had to listen to it a few times before enjoying it and it is also important to note that Eternity is the first album where Vin takes over leads vocals.

And for Arcturus? This new album woops major ass. I'm very happy with Simen's vocals and the rest of the guys NEVER let me down. I really like the lyrics as well which I never really care about. Garm will never be surpassed on vocals IMO. He was just to fucking creative with his performances.

S S S > G R, but that isn't the question for album of the year. Cryptopsy has OWN coming out with the return of Lord Worm. And Nile already unleashed a demon. I got a feeling it will be between S S S and AOTW. Thats just me though.

Arcturus are the most overrated band, in the whole fucking world. And no, SS is not even close to any of Opeth`s releases, GR crushes SS, period. They are okay, but not great!

BAHAHAHAHA, listen to this guy.

If anything, Arcturus are Underrated!!!

These guys have amazing talent, and feature some of the most talented and prominent guys in the Norwegian metal scene. They cannot be overlooked.

Of course Arcturus aren't for everyone. You gotta have an open mind to really appreciate them. Once you do appreciate them, you understand how good these guys are. They make music that is their own and they really can't be compared to anything else. I mean, try finding another cd that comes close to La Masquerade Infernale or The Sham Mirrors, good luck!

Originallity doesn't exist anymore in the music industry, but Arcturus is one of those bands in the metal scene that comes close to originallity.

Ikil

DreamingofUr said:
...and it is also important to note that Eternity is the first album where Vin takes over leads vocals.
well, that's incorrect. the first Anathema release with Vinnie on lead vox was 'The Silent Enigma', which is a masterpiece of its own btw.

Detric said:
Arcturus are the most overrated band, in the whole fucking world. And no, SS is not even close to any of Opeth`s releases, GR crushes SS, period. They are okay, but not great!

You suck balls, they're severely UNDERATED. As far as opeth, I dunno, they're both good. Neither is better. They're two different styles of music. :D

Detric said:

More random fanboy rants plz.

Overrated? Because their new album was released by a major record label? Oh wait, it wasn't because they don't seem to sell many albums or tour often. If they are so overrated why aren't they receiving or doing all the things that I imagine "the most overrated band, in the whole fucking world" would get?

Think before you rip into an awesome band because word of mouth is a big thing for underground promotion. WTF happen to this god damn forum ffs.

DreamingofUr said:
More random fanboy rants plz.

Overrated? Because their new album was released by a major record label? Oh wait, it wasn't because they don't seem to sell many albums or tour often. If they are so overrated why aren't they receiving or doing all the things that I imagine "the most overrated band, in the whole fucking world" would get?

Think before you rip into an awesome band because word of mouth is a big thing for underground promotion. WTF happen to this god damn forum ffs.
HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!

What happend to this forum? Stay on topic.

Arcturus are good, but still overrated. Thats my opinion. they easily gets boring, dont understand why so many people love them so much :yuk: