What are you doing/have you done today/this week?

Just sitting around the studio hungover watching Dan record drums all day and doing some quick guide guitar tracks.

Its sounding so good!!!

:headbang:

So much to type, so little time.

I just arrived back in Melbourne after a hellish 3 weeks in Brisbane...

Long story.

Recently, I went to an awesome concert!
That being Vader, Decrepit Birth, Warbringer, The Amenta, Augury and Swashbuckle!

Every band on this tour kicked all sorts of ass, but goddamn, Augury was utterly AMAZING! And The Amenta was surprisingly great too...they were so locked into eachother.

studying for exams -.-

Me too. As long as the definition of 'study' is broadened to include 'leaving the textbook and lecture notes open in front of the computer while watching The Onion on youtube.' In that case I've gotten heaps of study done today.

I think these two are probably two of my favorites:

Last edited by a moderator:
First week of new job. Desperately trying to unbombshell the house in preparation for going-away party tomorrow night. Cranking some Be'lakor to keep me pacey and focused (as cranked as it can be given the late hour, which is not much). Trying to refrain from checking facebook and slashdot every 10 minutes.

Last night I went and saw one of the world's all time great conductors NEVILLE MARINNER conducting the Melbourne Chamber Orchestra. The program included one of my absolute favourite pieces 'Fantastia on a theme by Thomas Tallis' by Raph Vaughn Williams. It was amazing. :)

i went to see an orchestra play at the National University of Singapore the other night, one of the pieces they played was Requies for chamber orchestra by Luciano Berio....grimmest piece of classical music i've ever heard - you might really dig it tim. the rest was excerpts from die walkure by wagner and the emperor concerto by beethoven, awesome listens.

I'm enduring the hideous loading times/formats that come about when you try and access a forum via mobile internets.

Just wanted to tell whoever thinks it's awesome that Mr. Sabin and I are going to a wedding this Saturday and will be watching two of our friends walk down the aisle to none other than Forget Not :)
Should be beautiful.
Also, 234 days until I'm plaguing venues around the state. Thought you might like to prepare yourselves.

I'm enduring the hideous loading times/formats that come about when you try and access a forum via mobile internets.

Just wanted to tell whoever thinks it's awesome that Mr. Sabin and I are going to a wedding this Saturday and will be watching two of our friends walk down the aisle to none other than Forget Not :)
Should be beautiful.
Also, 234 days until I'm plaguing venues around the state. Thought you might like to prepare yourselves.

O_O That's uhh...insanely cool!

After stepping into Guitar Center and being completely outdone by kids 3-5 years younger than me at guitar, I decided to seriously step up my game when it comes to practicing and whatnot. I've been enjoying it, because I used to step into Guitar Center and get completely demoralized. It's a nice change of pace, hahaha XD
(When it comes to guitar at least, on bass I can sometimes be a bit too arrogant for my own good, at least when I'm in practice)

I've been looking at my technique and I've been focusing drastically on right hand technique for most of the year, so I guess next year I'll focus more on my left hand technique. Though I actually have a plan, every week I intend to switch things up and focus on one hand each week and see how well I can integrate it into my playing and whatnot.

Should be beautiful.

What?! That's crazy! Anyone I would know or know of?