what are you reading?

Fooled By Randomness.

Looks interesting. Though it may be a jumble of meaningless words that our brains are telling us looks interesting..

I just started [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Filter-Bubble-What-Internet-Hiding/dp/1594203008?tag=duckduckgo-d-20"]The Filter Bubble[/ame] by Eli Pariser. Very interesting history and future of the personalization of the internet (read the Q&A on that Amazon link for a brief synopsis).

It's basically about why when Max searches for "Freeze-Dried Titty Snacks", he gets a different result than when I search for "Freeze-Dried Titty Snacks".

And why this could be dangerous...

It's a great book, dude. He refused to allow it to be smarted up or re-edited by his publishers and so it reads very naturally. I like it a lot.

Sorry, that's a Scottishism, I mean to say that he wouldn't allow them to heavily edit and change the text so that it had a glossier and more standard style.

img3468496920e3011f2.JPG

One Second After by William R. Forstchen was a book I just finished, have not yet begun another. It was good, and I love the premise. But a few parts seemed a bit too redundant and filler. Still, worth a read if you're into end of the world type stuff

I've been reading the Red Queen, and it's pretty cool. I read non-fiction sometimes, but am more into fiction but the way this is written is pretty awesome. any recommendations of books on interesting non-fiction topics that are written in an interesting and engaging way would be appreciated, i see 2 posts up a book like that so i'll check that one out.

This thread reminds me of how little I read these days. I started Weaveworld a while ago but never got past the first few chapters. I keep trying to convince myself I am too busy, but I damn well know I could be spending my time reading instead of being on the internet/watching tv/playing guitar.

And the book "I, Robot" is infinitely better than the movie.

most definitely. i saw the movie (not completely into watching it) but it was ok, yet the book is far more awesome. taking all those different scenarios and linking it together ends up being highly entertaining, makes you think, and at the end when it all comes together in the last few stories/connections it's really satisfying. some of the stories i thought were a tiny bit slow, but the highlights such as the politician one and the space station one were too fucking great.